Looking for some supportive friends :)

Options
This is literally day one for me. I NEED to lose over 100lbs. It just kind of sucks because I don't really know anyone who can understand my situation. So, it would be great if I could find friends I can turn to who kind of knows what I am feeling-the good, the bad and the ugly. No matter how big or small your goal is, EVERYONE is welcome :) We all need a little push once in a while.

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    You have taken the first step! So glad you are here for support!! Please feel free to add me as a friend!! Have friends for support is soooo important!
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    Welcome to the first step. When I started here I swore no one understood my situation (I'm 30, short, and have 100 lbs to lose). I quickly came to find out that no one is alone here. We can all relate to eachother in one way or another...and I guarantee you will find someone with your same struggles and with the same type of weight loss goals. Welcome to the community...we don't bite...unless you want us to. ;o)
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Add me if you like!
  • PurpleCupcakes101
    Options
    You're starting and that's what matters! I have 60 to lose. Add me if you like.
  • mkend3914
    mkend3914 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good for you, we are all here to offer support, go ahead and add me if you like.:smile:
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! MFP is a great place!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over a hundred as well. We just need to take baby steps. We are on our way!!
  • HuneeBunee08
    Options
    117lbs to lose for me..We can do this !!! Feel free to add me Everyone!!
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am new as well go ahead and add me!

- Dave
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • keelski
    keelski Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add me, no point in doing it alone when there is a support network available to you :). I'm happy to support and motivate
  • nyhippiegrl
    Options
    Good for you for making that first step, and for realizing what you need and asking for it! Give yourself a huge pat on the back.

The process of losing weight is not easy, but not just a physical hurdle. There is so much emotional and mental baggage that has to be tackled too. I lost weight in 2012 and was ecstatic that I actually did it. Then hit a rut and gained it all back. It's only been in the last week that I've been able to start myself back on the right track exercising again and making slow changes to end my emotional overeating. You're more than welcome to add me - I could use the support too!
  • emzyfish
    emzyfish Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Mutual support and encouragement is key. (: Adding you!
  • vickyloft5
    Options
    Please add me i also have over 100lbs to lose ...x
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weightloss! You can definitely do this! Anyone feel free to add me I'm on at least once everyday and always try help motivate my friends :flowerforyou:
  • haseeb231
    Options
    u have done an exemplary job. keep doing it. FIT LIFE IS REAL LIFE
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I need the extra support as well! Congrats on Day 1!!
  • Pernimac
    Options
    Congrats to your first step, acceptance and confession! lol You're doing to do just great. Perhaps hooking up with some new physically fit friends and aspirers would do you plenty of justice. That's what initially helped me lose 20lbs (friends alone)! I wish you that best and if you have any questions, feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • claireHslats
    Options
    need that motivation and support, always here :) feel free to add. Well done, just keep at everything ! and stay positive!
  • shouldabeen
    shouldabeen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here to encourage you - it's difficult but I heard a saying that has helped me in other areas of my life and it definitely applies here: We overestimate what we can get done in a day, but underestimate what we can do in a lifetime... Meaning, don't be discouraged by the day to day... just keep plugging along and soon you'll find you're well along the road to completing your goal! :smile: