What high protien foods do you eat for Breakfast

Options
maggiemay22467
maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
I love Breakfast and I like a high protien Breakfast that way I do not get hungrey. I have been doing alot of eggs but now I am a little tired of them. Could you give me some ideas of other things that are high in Protien that are good for Breakfast.

Replies

• kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt has great protein in it. Maybe have that with some berries mixed in...yum!
  • PeriwinklePineapple
    Options
    Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are both pretty high in protein, and you can mix them with fruit, granola, or more protein, like flax seeds.
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with kashi lean high protein cereal.
  • JKing727
    Options
    Somtimes when i am tired of omelets, I have a protein shake for breakfast... I use optimum nutrition whey protein.. it has 24 grams of protein.. and I add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to it.. with low fat milk of course (1 cup)....

Tastes like a reeses cup! (I love candy so since I try and stay away from it, that is what I do) + it has a large amount of protein and is quick and easy when you are on the run!
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My breakfast everyday: Half cup dry quaker oats + wild blueberries (frozen from Costco) + water cooked for 3.30 mts in microwave. Mix 1 soop of Six Star Pro Nutrition - Super Advanced Whey Protein (30g Protein) and a dash of milk.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    as others have recommended, cottage cheese and greek yogurt. You'll be hardpressed to find any other food with 15g of Protein at only 50 calories for a half cup serving of lowfat cottage cheese. I like two multigrain waffles, one with a tbsp of peanut butter and the other with cottage cheese and a no sugar added fruit cup on top. One savory, one sweet. Delicious, filling and good macros.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have been making Overnight Oats that past few days.... 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond milk (or whatever milk you want), 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 4 oz. Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp Chia seeds. Mix the protein powder and milk together in a jar and add everything else and shake it up. Then refrigerate overnight and grab and go in the morning! you can heat it up if you like. Last night I added 1 tsp of Almond butter on top and you can add any fruit or nuts if you would like also.... oh, MFP says it is 29 grams of protein...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat the dreaded eggs but mix it up with turkey based luncheon meats. Turkey salami zapped in the microwave and drained on paper towels tastes amazingly like bacon and is only 30 cals a slice. I'll do lowfat yoghurt or a latte too.

I tend not to stick to classic breakfast foods so I might have leftover protein such as a small piece of steak or chicken from the night before. I also like warming up protein rich soups for breakfast. Lentil soup, or the greek classic Avgolemono. An asian egg drop soup would fall in the same category. I'm Chinese so I like having soup for breakfast. When I was in Singapore the University canteen used to serve Laksa for breakfast. Google or message me if you want any of the recipes.

If I get peckish mid morning I might snack on beef jerky (mostly homemade) or crabsticks (store bought and only 16 cals per stick).
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I always eat the same thing...2 eggs. Most of the time they're just hard boiled but some times I'll add steak, veggies & cheese and make an omelette.
  • Paijj
    Paijj Posts: 11
    Options
    Work days I have a protein latte, mix 1 scoop protein powder(I use pure protein chocolate) with 1/4 c skim milk( or you can use any milk or even water) mix until smooth. Slowly stir in a cup of hot coffee, stirring as you slowly pour. Add SF syrups or creamers to suit your taste. Usually I have this with a piece of whole grain/high fiber toast with a thin spread of natural PB and a half banana or a tbsp of fruit smash( whatever berry I have on hand smashed with a packet of stevia). If I only have time for the Latte I will usea scoop and a half or even two scoops of protein powder for a longer lasting "full" feeling.
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, whey protein powder, Greek yogurt.