Hi, I'm AllyKat8 and I have an addiction

Options
To sugar free gum! It is so so bad, I easily go through a full pack a day! Anyone else with this problem?

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Yes - xtra bubble gum...
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I've tried to quit but fail everytime! It keeps me from over eatting!
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Oh my I have an average for like 5 packs of sugar free gum in my purse... It's a problem... lol
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    I've tried to quit but fail everytime! It keeps me from over eatting!

I don't know anything - but I don't see this as a problem for any of us. :smile: Unless you start having some jaw popping/loose teeth issues.

Enjoy...
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your problems AllyKat :bigsmile:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Just made me run and search out me bubble gum. Ahhhhh....:love:
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Ever since I quit smoking a few yrs agoI have tons of it too! I don't chew it all day, the big problem i have is i want like 2-3 pieces all at the same time for like 30 minutes...childlike for sure.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    My addiction is wine. So you shouldn't beat yourself up over sugarless gum.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    My addiction is wine. So you shouldn't beat yourself up over sugarless gum.

hey that's no fair...that's considered something healthy to drink every day :drinker:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The sugar alcohol in most sugar free gum does a number on my gut! Anyone else have that problem??
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    No we have the addict's tolerance to it. :bigsmile:
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means and as some of you said your addiction is replacing smoking so it has to be better than that but I'm just thinking that you are consuming a lot of artificial sweeteners and that can't be good for you. Like I said, I'm no expert but just thought I would give you that thought to consider.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means and as some of you said your addiction is replacing smoking so it has to be better than that but I'm just thinking that you are consuming a lot of artificial sweeteners and that can't be good for you. Like I said, I'm no expert but just thought I would give you that thought to consider.

I never smoked, but the effects of the sweeteners all depends on how many pieces you're chewing... Like for example I'll chew the same piece of gum for hours...
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    i have never liked the stuff. have had it a couple times but it hurts my jaw. (TMJ)
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    We get the Costco size box of Orbit. I've cut my habit down to about 3 or 4 a day now. My husband isn't allowed to chew it in traffic anymore by doctor's orders though since it caused his jaw muscles to swell up and created ear issues. :laugh:
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    The sugar alcohol in most sugar free gum does a number on my gut! Anyone else have that problem??

oooo yes, yes it does!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I go through almost a whole pack a day. I chew several through the time span of just one of my classes and can't seem to quit. I told myself no more when I finished the pack today, but I couldn't resist buying two packs today. Ha, I have an english final in the morning and business cal prep for final so i'm gonna be really wanting some gum.

Does a number on my gut as well.