New to MFP encouragement needed!

Options
I'm new to MFP. I'm 21 at Bangor University and I'm desperate to lose weight and increase my fitness before summer 2013! I'm competing in a triathlon in July (oh god :S) and I still have a lot of weight to shift before I can even begin the serious training!

New friends would be amazing ^_^

I need lots of encouragement lol

Replies

• vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey hang in there, add me as a friend I am also trying to get fit by the summer and one of my goals is a half marthon (but not till September. ) have you ever done anything like a triathalon before? are you a good swimmer? Seriously that is pretty grueling . I know while you are training for it you will be doing this :sad: this :explode: and later this :cry: . If you make though you will feel :drinker: .
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    feel free to add
  • fiona2785
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! :)
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great goal and welcome!!! Through MFP I have lost my bulk weight and am in what I find to be the hardest phase of loosing/shifting as you put it those last 10-15 lbs to be in tip top healthy shape. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Mamajeans1973
    Options
    set small goals at a time so you can have the feeling of success. dont think of it as a lot to loose at once, take it from me. i started out fit and thin and slowly found myself feeling like i was in someone elses body! u can do this and you will!!!~add me if you would like :)