nearly 1200 calories left what to do?

Options
i have put all the food ive eaten today in and have loggedmy exercise as well, i started off with 1200 cals and because of the cals ive burned i have nearly 1200 cals left. i dont know what to do any advice would be great thanks

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL the cake and pizza!
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat some calorie dense foods, peanut butter, avocado, cook with olive oil, etc.
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Milkshake
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i have put all the food ive eaten today in and have loggedmy exercise as well, i started off with 1200 cals and because of the cals ive burned i have nearly 1200 cals left. i dont know what to do any advice would be great thanks

I don't eat back all the calories i've burned during my weight loss phase. Maybe eat half back if you're real hungry. But make sure it's hunger and not boredom. drink 2-3 glasses of water first then decide how much you want to eat!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I also don't eat all my exercise calories back mostly because I don't trust the accuracy of the burn estimate and don't have a HRM to use. I'd eat 1/2 though if you can. I would think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with 2 tbs of peanut butter and a tall glass of milk would get you pretty darn close.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    yup, I'd be having CAKE
  • loubylou3
    Options
    i have a hrm and the exercise cals burned are taken from that, so i should eat half of them back then? thanks everyone for the advice :)
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    i have a hrm and the exercise cals burned are taken from that, so i should eat half of them back then? thanks everyone for the advice :)

Start with eating half back, and see how you feel. If it's from weight lifting then yes - if it's from cardio - then maybe not.

I try not to, but when I am real hungry or tired, I will eat half back. Try and see what works for you - but give it time, whatever you try, make sure you stick with it a while to see if it's actually working
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    If that happened to me and I didn't feel hungry, I wouldn't force-feed myself to make the calories balance. I'm looking more for a good trend than for exact numbers from day to day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd be going for fish & chips if I was in that situation!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

How many have you actually eaten?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I don't eat back all the calories i've burned during my weight loss phase. Maybe eat half back if you're real hungry. But make sure it's hunger and not boredom. drink 2-3 glasses of water first then decide how much you want to eat!

Please eat back all of your calories if you are at a 1200 goal. Doing otherwise will result in a net calorie count that will be dangerously low. MFP already calculates your deficit in your stats and dietary goals - too much of a gap and your body will not be able to comfortably do things (such as working out.)

Eating disordered level calorie goals do not make for a healthy body.
  • loubylou3
    Options
    i have eaten 867 cals today, :)
    but have had a lot of good food today , my food diary is open for anyone to look at
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1. Grab peanut butter jar
    2. Grab spoon - preferably a large one
    3. Insert spoon in jar
    4. Go to town

Seriously, this is what I do, especially during a bulk phase as it gets harder eating 3000+ calories. Also, if you are truly training for a tough mudder, you really want to fuel your workouts.
  • loubylou3
    Options
    yeah i have a net cal of 74, its not that ive thought im not eating anymore have not felt hungry but the cals etc ive seen are very low and i didnt know whether i should eat them back or not, thanks for the advice :)
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i don\t manage to eat back my exercise calories .... in healthy way .... I eat 5x day ... only thing i found out is that to lose weight i have to eat 5x !!!
  • loubylou3
    Options
    i am seriously training for the tough mudder and its in sept so i appreciate any and all advice thanks will go and eat more food now
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    EASY.... FISH SUPPER:laugh:
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    Lets say for a moment that the calorie counters being used are not 100% accurate. This is where you need to listen to your body. If after a few days of HUGE amounts of calorie deficit & you are feeling sluggish, you'll know to increase. Your body is your best indicator of all - it's how you process the information and what you do with it that matters.

I still say eat half them back, then wait... You'll know soon enough how much you need - but if you don't go to extremes you'll never know where your boundaries are.
  • loubylou3
    Options
    cool thanks, im having a peanut butter sandwich now :)