nearly 1200 calories left what to do?

i have put all the food ive eaten today in and have loggedmy exercise as well, i started off with 1200 cals and because of the cals ive burned i have nearly 1200 cals left. i dont know what to do any advice would be great thanks

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Eat ALL the cake and pizza!
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Eat some calorie dense foods, peanut butter, avocado, cook with olive oil, etc.
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Milkshake
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    i have put all the food ive eaten today in and have loggedmy exercise as well, i started off with 1200 cals and because of the cals ive burned i have nearly 1200 cals left. i dont know what to do any advice would be great thanks

I don't eat back all the calories i've burned during my weight loss phase. Maybe eat half back if you're real hungry. But make sure it's hunger and not boredom. drink 2-3 glasses of water first then decide how much you want to eat!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    I also don't eat all my exercise calories back mostly because I don't trust the accuracy of the burn estimate and don't have a HRM to use. I'd eat 1/2 though if you can. I would think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with 2 tbs of peanut butter and a tall glass of milk would get you pretty darn close.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    yup, I'd be having CAKE
  • i have a hrm and the exercise cals burned are taken from that, so i should eat half of them back then? thanks everyone for the advice :)
  • jjrichard83
    i have a hrm and the exercise cals burned are taken from that, so i should eat half of them back then? thanks everyone for the advice :)

Start with eating half back, and see how you feel. If it's from weight lifting then yes - if it's from cardio - then maybe not.

I try not to, but when I am real hungry or tired, I will eat half back. Try and see what works for you - but give it time, whatever you try, make sure you stick with it a while to see if it's actually working
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    If that happened to me and I didn't feel hungry, I wouldn't force-feed myself to make the calories balance. I'm looking more for a good trend than for exact numbers from day to day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'd be going for fish & chips if I was in that situation!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member

How many have you actually eaten?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

I don't eat back all the calories i've burned during my weight loss phase. Maybe eat half back if you're real hungry. But make sure it's hunger and not boredom. drink 2-3 glasses of water first then decide how much you want to eat!

Please eat back all of your calories if you are at a 1200 goal. Doing otherwise will result in a net calorie count that will be dangerously low. MFP already calculates your deficit in your stats and dietary goals - too much of a gap and your body will not be able to comfortably do things (such as working out.)

Eating disordered level calorie goals do not make for a healthy body.
  • i have eaten 867 cals today, :)
    but have had a lot of good food today , my food diary is open for anyone to look at
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    1. Grab peanut butter jar
    2. Grab spoon - preferably a large one
    3. Insert spoon in jar
    4. Go to town

Seriously, this is what I do, especially during a bulk phase as it gets harder eating 3000+ calories. Also, if you are truly training for a tough mudder, you really want to fuel your workouts.
  • yeah i have a net cal of 74, its not that ive thought im not eating anymore have not felt hungry but the cals etc ive seen are very low and i didnt know whether i should eat them back or not, thanks for the advice :)
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    i don\t manage to eat back my exercise calories .... in healthy way .... I eat 5x day ... only thing i found out is that to lose weight i have to eat 5x !!!
  • i am seriously training for the tough mudder and its in sept so i appreciate any and all advice thanks will go and eat more food now
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    EASY.... FISH SUPPER:laugh:
  • jjrichard83
    Lets say for a moment that the calorie counters being used are not 100% accurate. This is where you need to listen to your body. If after a few days of HUGE amounts of calorie deficit & you are feeling sluggish, you'll know to increase. Your body is your best indicator of all - it's how you process the information and what you do with it that matters.

I still say eat half them back, then wait... You'll know soon enough how much you need - but if you don't go to extremes you'll never know where your boundaries are.
  • cool thanks, im having a peanut butter sandwich now :)
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Eat whatever you want IF you're hungry. If not then you might just have a 0 calorie day on your hands
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Lets say for a moment that the calorie counters being used are not 100% accurate. This is where you need to listen to your body. If after a few days of HUGE amounts of calorie deficit & you are feeling sluggish, you'll know to increase. Your body is your best indicator of all - it's how you process the information and what you do with it that matters.

I still say eat half them back, then wait... You'll know soon enough how much you need - but if you don't go to extremes you'll never know where your boundaries are.

Your body has the ability to suppress signals so sometimes you need to be more cognizant of what you are eating and how much. I rather know what I am eating and force myself to eat more than to fail/bonk during my workout. Also, if you are seriously training for an event, you need to be proactive rather than reactive. Waiting for your body to tell you something is wrong may come too late. Your body doesn't always indicate something is wrong until it's too late. Also, your body won't tell you if you are losing muscle during your weight loss. It' requires you to monitor body composition over time. When you train for events like she is, the more muscle you have, the stronger and better you will perform so a goal is to optimize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    ^^ What they said. EAT!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Screw the food...DRINK WHISKEY!!!!!!!!!
  • lol at the whiskey! only have bacardi in might have a glass of that! :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Eat more food... no seriously eat more food. IF you start out with 1200 calories... and you burn 1200 calories you are netting zero that will not help you..
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    6-pack of beer
  • have had a peanut butter sandwich and still have 920 cals left gonna go to the shop for some choccie :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    I wouldn't eat anything loaded with calories/sugar just to meet my goal. No jar of peanut butter or alcohol - I seriously believe this will do more damage than not eating anything. Avocado, fish, big salad, a steak, nuts - yes - but not more than usual. Maybe an extra treat after dinner but not one made of fat and sugar either.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Pizza and beer!