Yello~!!

Options
Hey everyone,

New to MFP, and love it so far.

I have been on and off the healthy lifestyle for years. My husband has always been fit, but I struggle....I am a TOTAL foodie. And it is really hard to reconcile that with a healthy diet. Additionally, I had another baby nearly 2 years ago (my first is 20~! Needless to say, the second wasn't planned. LOL). Now, I have finally decided it is time to figure it all out once and for all.

I started going to the gym every day with a co-worker (who is in fantastic shape, I aspire to have her body~!)...we have GREAT workouts and I added 1/week training with a personal trainer as well. I lost only 8 pounds in the first 2.5 months....BUT, I lost 9 inches total and went down 3 sizes in my pants from all the weight training.

Good job so far, right? Well...the actual weight itself wasn't coming off. I started to get frustrated, because no matter how much I lift weight, I can only get so small and then the pounds have to go away (have you ever seen a 185 lb woman in size 9's? LOL). I finally figured out that even though I was eating relatively healthy....I was still eating TOO MUCH and all the exercise wasn't overcoming that.

Since joining MFP last week and honestly tracking what I'm REALLY eating, I've dropped nearly 2 pounds. YAY~!

Anyhow...glad to be here. SO glad this site exists...it's so helpful to track my calories in/out in a constructive way.

I will be 40 this year, and I've decided I have to lose this weight NOW. If I wait and hit 40 and I'm still overweight, I think it will be much harder to lose it.

Plus...I want to have the energy to keep up with my toddler. :)

Replies

• PathShadow
    PathShadow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I was in your situation a few years ago seeing the big 4-0 heading at me. I did lose a bunch a weight. But I am still struggling with that last 20-25.

Congrats on your progress so far. Sounds like what you are doing is working. I don't know why it takes the scale weight so long to catch up to losing inches. I always seem to have that happen too. Just like you, I've noticed since joining this site a week ago, the scale is moving more.

Good luck...and keep up the good work.

Christine
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good luck,