40 and Over and Rocking It!!!!

Options

Replies

• Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Hey everyone! Turned 43 last month but feel like im 23!
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 this year! MFP and the supportive people here have helped me out tremendously. I have another 23 pounds to hit my 1st goal then 50 to hit my ultimate goal. Feel free to add me!
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and 5'3" and just doing bike and treadmill at gym. How do you work on bodyfat once you reach weight goal. I do not like the fat in my mid-section.

CW: 134
    GW: 118
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years young and one of those women who's height made the weight look "Not that big". I have PCOS, I was diabetic, I had to have a somewhat emergent thyroidectomy for cancer, and I still believe that I can reach my goals.

Learning to listen to my body has been beneficial and I enjoy working out 7 days per week. I strength train 5 days per week with two days of cardio. I also work out for an hour.

It may seem like a lot but it's the only way that I can actually lose weight. I am beginning belly dancing for my cardio as I dislike being in the gym on cardio days.

I'm 5' 9.5" tall and plan to qualify for a fitness model competition.

Please ignore my ticker, I just added it to my account.

Looking forward to supporting others and vice-versa.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and will be rocking it!! Actually, I am rocking a 7 pound weight loss since the 2nd of Jan. :) I'm mainly doing cardio right now, 30 - 1hr 15 mins a day depending on my schedule. Getting ready to head to the Y now. Will be doing 45 mins on the eleptical and then 30 mins on the track or treadmill. I want to start 30 day shred soon as I need to add in strenght training. I'm going to eradicate 118 pounds, so I have a long way to go, but I'm going to get there a pound at a time! I would love to have some other 40ish people looking to lose over 100 pounds as friends for motivation or support, or just anyone really! I'm taking part in a weight loss contest at the Y (wish they were counting inches though!) and have a MFP friend from that but would love more, especially since I log in daily here and many times on my app adding in my food and exercise! My 40's are going to be my best years yet! No more lame excuses! I'm working on a whole new me in many aspects of my life and am excited about it.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    My name is Suzi. I turned 40 last July and I still feel really young and awesome lol! I wanted to start a motivational group for those of you 40 and over. We can share our daily workouts, challenges, victories, etc. I am currently on week 4 of Les Mills Combat and I LOVE it! I have realized that I love Martial Arts and want to learn more about it. I have started looking into local classes! Post here and say hi if you would like to join in!!!!

Hi Suzi (my wife's nickname is Suzie), my name is Dominick (everyone calls me Dom), i'm 43, and am a green belt in the Martial Art of Tae Kwon Do. I started my journey to losing weight and adapting a healthier lifestyle June 18th 2012. In the process i lost 38 pounds, but have gained a few pounds back. I see that you're doing Les Mills Combat.....................that's what i've been thinking of purchasing to help supplement my MA training.

What Martial Art appeals to you to most? Well, whatever you take, you'll get alot of benefits from it........both mentally and physically. Best of luck to you with finding something and continuing with the Les Mills series. But count me in as far as a motivational group is concerned........
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kyle, and turned 41 earlier this month. I've had great success with MFP for the last 11 months, and feel better today than I did when I was 25. Feel free to add me as a friend on here.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. I'm doing weights and have recently added running in again. I change my cardio all the time, and prefer weights. I LOVE hiking in the Sierra Nevada. I feel like a 20-something.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I turned 41 in November and seriously feel better than in my 20s!

You guys look GREAT! Heres to being in our 40s and loving it! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    39 here!
  • Feliz227
    Options
    Hi...please feel free to add me. I am 43, feeling young...looking forward to feeling AWESOME!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Approaching 43 in May...woohoo!
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 last month. Sign me up!
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    42 and feel mid 30's even needing to lose weight. Thats a great feeling. Sign me up would be great to chat with others my age and with the same goals
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm one of the older ones! I turned 50 last year and wanted to get myself in better shape. Lost the 30 pounds I needed to lose, started working out, and generally feel a lot better! Even started some weight training that I'm looking to take to the next level once I get over this stupid cold! I definitely want to ROCK!
  • suzpetersen
    Options
    Hey Suzi ... feel free to add me! I am a fabulous forty-something (48 actually :)) and although my mind is young ... my body is desperate for an overhaul! I am finally taking steps to take care of myself after 3 kids and always being too busy to take care of me ... its finally TIME! ME TIME! :) Congrats on the path it sounds like you are following to martial arts. I am a Red Belt in taekwondo and quite honestly I took some time off for recovery after surgery and never got back to it. I just got too heavy and out of shape to continue. It is my sincere hope that I'll get to that elusive black belt. Although the ol' body may not be able to tolerate it - the mind is willing. I'm currently on a walking and swimming regime ... but it is just so hard to stick with it! Hoping for encouraging words from my MFP friends! Good luck and btw ... I'm a Suzi(e) too! :) Have a great day!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My name is Suzi. I turned 40 last July and I still feel really young and awesome lol! I wanted to start a motivational group for those of you 40 and over. We can share our daily workouts, challenges, victories, etc. I am currently on week 4 of Les Mills Combat and I LOVE it! I have realized that I love Martial Arts and want to learn more about it. I have started looking into local classes! Post here and say hi if you would like to join in!!!!

I'm in the same boat - turned 40 last October, but still feel like I'm in my 30s. Sucks it took me this long to finally get my weight down, but happy I did it while I can still enjoy it and without having to undergo surgery.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    44 here and still rocking it!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I AM 40 and rockin it...I'm in my last month of Round 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme and a P90X grad :) You're only limited to what your mind tells you that you're limited to!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    bump