100 lbs to lose. Seems so far!

Hi everyone. I just joined about a week ago and I'm feeling pretty great so far but I have 100 pounds to lose and it seems like an impossible task.
I gained alot of weight when I was expecting each.of my boys and I always lost it, but 2 and a half years ago I quit smoking and gained 80 lbs and I can't seem to shake it this time.

I eat completely clean for the most part and I know it will take time, but I want it now! Lol.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and we can motivate each other.
We can do this!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    The last time i took my weight off i lost 120 pounds in 10 months. This time around i had 98 pounds now its been 5 weeks and i lost 22 pounds so i have 71 pounds to go. My point is the more weight u have on most of the weight falls off the first three months ur real challenge will be later. You just have to stay sted fast no matter what and if u fall pick ur self right back up. One day of eating bad will not make u put on weight it is the everyday thing that will. Keep ur head up and in a year u will be looking back and wondering were all the weight went:)
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    I feel your anxiety - I'm the same way - I want it NOW, but I know it can't be "overnight." When I think about it though - a year or two isn't that long to wait to be rid of a body that I've had my entire life. One day at a time is important here, and I'm learning to be happy with who I am now - which is so very hard for me. I've hated my body for a long time (20 + years). I'm the only one that hates it - even though for a long time I believed the whole world did too. Water Water Water and logging helps me. I prelogged a big salad for dinner tonight - it's minus 30 degrees out and the last thing I feel like eating is cold salad, but I'm going to add a warmed egg and some chicken and know that by tomorrow morning, I won't care what I had for dinner, and the scale and my body will thank me for that!
  • iknowiknow
    iknowiknow Posts: 36 Member
    I have a little over 100 lbs to lose as well. You can add me as a friend if you want. We didn't gain the weight overnight, so we can't expect to lose it overnight. I've tried many diets. A coworker turned me on to this site, and I'm so glad she did.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Hi welcome to MFP,to start with change your settings so your ticker shows weight lost not weight to lose. much more motivating!!! youve taken the best first step by coming on here and you will succeed :)
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    add me if you like...my goal is 150lbs with just under 20lbs to go...1lb at a time!!!!!
  • cqp1
    cqp1 Posts: 41
    I understand completely. I just started and want to lose about 115. Not going well so far. I have calorie limit of 1310 and I have been unable to get there. You can add me as a friend.
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    feel free to add me. My goal is about 90 lbs. I am 2/3rds of the way there. It is not as hard as you think, although it is a lot of work. But, I tell people the reward for trying to lose weight is losing weight. As you find those things that help you along and you see the weight go, you will love it. It will feel great and it BECOMES EASY.

I lost about 45 lbs in about 6 or 7 months. Just find a physical activity that burns lots of calories that you like, and keep your calorie intake down and you will succeeed. Some of it is trial and error, so don't feel bad when you get stuck: just forge ahead. This is as much about learning about yourself, as it is about learning how to eat and shed weight.

So, come along for the ride. it will be some kind of thrill. :glasses:
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    For myself, I am setting my goals as I go. Sometimes short-terms will help you see the light. I only have myself set for 34 pounds to lose, but I have at least 50 to lose.

It's about changing your lifestyle instead of just a diet to lose weight.
    You can do this...there are so many sucess stories here!
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    I have about 80-100 to lose. Just remember this: all that weight didn't attach itself overnight... it isn't going to let go overnight... Like saying negative vs. positive things... The negative always hangs on longer...

You can do it!!! I'm adding you now!!!
  • You can do this!! I've lost 65 lbs thus far using Weight Watchers but am stuck... looking for friends to do this together! I just started MFP yesterday... I have 60 more to go!!
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    set mini goals for example : 10 lbs per month
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Just think of getting it off 10lbs. at a time (that's how I think of it). You CAN do it!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    I know that feeling!

I started in August 2012 with 103lb to lose to get to my goal weight, I have now lost 47lb and have 56lbs left to lose. What started as an impossible goal , seems quite achieveable now and it hasn't really been that hard.

Yes there are days when my muscles ache from walking or using the exercise bike. There are days when my diary looks crap because I've eaten too much chocolate or bread or cheese or pizza.....

On the other hand, those days are minimal, most days I stick to my calorie target, I walk about 5-10 miles and I feel good.

It is possible, just keep focusing on small goals and the big goals take care of themselves :D
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    I completely understand. I am there with ya, it is a truly daunting task. Good luck on your journey!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    i understand. only trying for 6 months, lost about 50 and 130 to go. i estimate it will take about 2 years . do not about the total but set goals like i do 25 lbs at a time. pick something out that fits tight on you, when you reach the 25 mark or fit into that oufit it gives all the encouragement you need. the way i look at it it took me years to put it on so it will time to take it off. i hate the idea of it taking close to 2 years but if i was not trying all i would have to show for it in 2 years is being 2 years older and still fat.
  • I started this two weeks ago and I love it. Add me!! Im getting the hang of it. This sure makes you think twice when you want to put that chocolate or cake in your mouth...Like most people on here said one pound at a time WE CAN DO IT!!
  • Mini goals help - set small goals and be sure to reward yourself with something nice when you reach each one (new clothes, a trip etc)... just remember, we all have to start somewhere so take it a day at a time - there will be ups and downs, but don't give up - if you keep at it you will reach your goals :flowerforyou:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    don't look at it as losing 100 lbs. Break it into smaller goals. Change your banner to reflect your successes. Take it one day at a time knowing that you are on a journey to health. Take it from me I have dieted for years and had fleeting success. I changed my frame of reference and have been successful. When I started I never thought I would be able to get all my weight off. I'm down 80 and still have more to go but I'm way, way healthier. This time I'm successful.
  • :happy: Hi everyone. I just joined about two week ago and I'm feeling pretty great so far but I have 140 pounds to lose.
    (right now i weight 256) when i start I was 270.
    I gained alot of weight when I was expecting my last two boys. It's been 9 years ago but I just let go my self an I never take care my self again.
    Also am a professional cake decorator and I love sweet so this is going to be a BIG CHALLA NGE FOR ME. (so far, so good.)
    Iam going to trust my self that I CAN DO THIS!!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend, and we can motivate each other.
    We can do this!