too much protein

Options
dulcy
dulcy Posts: 69 Member
I'm going a little over my protein almost every day, although not eating all my calories so if I did I'd be well over. Like yesterday I have about 200cal left but I was already 6g over my protein. (I'm still a little under everything else)
I'm eating my 1200 just not all of my exercise cals.
Is too much protein a bad thing?
My protein comes from chicken, nuts & wholemeal bread mainly, which are all healthy, so is it really an issue?? Do I need to worry about it?

Thanks x

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    i posted the same thing acouple of months ago, general feedback was No a little extra protien was OK MFP is set quite low for protien so a little over wasn't a bad thing especially when it comes from good sources.

I wouldn't worry about it
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A little extra is no problem, I tend to see my protein as the amount I SHOULD be getting rather than my absolute upper limit, especially since I'm a vegetarian.
  • bambam32
    bambam32 Posts: 20
    Options
    I honestly don't think 6 grams is bad. If I'm not mistaken that number is only a recomendation for your build, age and activities , you just try to do your best at maintaining your goal to the best of your ability. I'm having problems keeping close to my sodium goal (I'm way off), but with a little advice from others in this site I'm getting closer to doing so and not hurting my caloric intake either. Just do your best...
  • dulcy
    dulcy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ah that's great! Thank you.
    I didn't think it would be a problem as it is all from healthy sources & I'm not going over anything else. It's just good to check these things :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    i posted the same thing acouple of months ago, general feedback was No a little extra protien was OK MFP is set quite low for protien so a little over wasn't a bad thing especially when it comes from good sources.

I wouldn't worry about it

Just like he said, don't worry about it! You'll still lose the weight that you want to! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I go over on protein and under on carbs about every day. I still lost the weight.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I go over carbs and not near enough protein......
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Extra protein and extra fiber will not do any harm at all.

In fact if you're working out a lot you'll want that extra protein anyway. Your body knows what to do with it never fear.