Feeling really discouraged... :(

Options
Hello all!

I am 25 years old and i currently weight 324 pounds, i use to weigh 360 which is a great step for me but i am starting to gain a little back.. i have just recently moved in october and had slacked off. I am in need of some support and some good modivation! maybe some new recipe ideas and healthy chocies to buy from the grocery store. I have been over weight my hole life, i have finally met a man who loves me for me and we have been together for almost 4 years. i want to marry him won day and also have kids with him and i want to make sure i am healthy befor making those decisions in my life, please please help i new some new friends to help me with my journey to being Healthy!

Thank you !!!!

Danielle

Replies

• Ztefh
    Ztefh Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, Danielle. We're pretty similar. I've also been overweight my whole life and lost weight. I gained a lot of my weight back, but not all of it-- I need to stop before I gain it all back! I feel discouraged a lot and just had a small crying episode today looking in the mirror. :( I'm here for ya!
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I too have a man in my life who loves me as I am....my problem is that I don't love ME as I am. I have lost weight before but not in a healthy way. I am always looking for the "easy button". Change is hard. Keep that in mind and take baby steps. Good Luck
  • drkmvs41
    Options
    I added you! I have also been overweight my whole entire life and have yo-yo alot! I love to cook and have some great healthy recipies and snack ideas to keep you on track!
  • Missme979910
    Options
    what exercise routine would you enjoy doing? I know exercising is not easy or fun (at first), but do you enjoy going for walks?
  • DaniHardyman9087
    Options
    Well i have been doing the eliptical as well as crunching weight machines. But i dont feel like that is doing anything for me anymore. i do like to walk and take classes i started losen weight by doing zumba on my Wii which was a great start to losen the weight. but i need more idea and routines i think..
  • DaniHardyman9087
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    You can definitely do it!! Joining MFP is the first step! I have been a member for a year and lost 42 lbs, and I never thought I would be able to say that! But I also still have some more weight to lose. Doing the elliptical is really great too! That is my favorite machine to use and doing cardio is a great way to shed pounds. I'm gonna add you as a friend and do my best to motivate you and help you reach your goal! As far as healthy recipes go, hummus is really yummy! I don't know if you have ever tried it but it's really delicious and goes great with any vegetables. It's also really tasty on wheat bread with cucumbers! :smile:
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi, well your in the right place for support. Add me if youd like.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    You can do it. You just have to want to do it for YOU and no one else. Only YOU can get you to where you want to be. It takes your mind and body. Most of it I find to be just eating. What's been helping me is watching my sugar, carbs and sodium. I find for me, I have to eat FAT to lose fat. Lots of protein + fat. You'll be surprised how you won't crave or feel hungry if you get in protein and fat. You can do it. No one's perfect or has all the right answers. >>You just got to do/find what works for you<< You can do it! It'll happen if you let it.