Who Cheats on the weekends

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't log on the weekends but I keep my calorie goals lower during the week to make up for it. Although I do tend to drink more on the weekends, and eat out more, and not measure out portion sizes, I'm more active and don't eat as often so it might all cancel out.
  • raylener
    raylener Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You guys all have really good suggestions and inspiration!! Is anyone else confused about the whole "logging" thing. When I want to log something, there are so many different calories for the same thing! How do we know which one to pick? LIke for instance, i was trying to find out how much a Costco pizza has because my friend told me that weight watchers says it's 700 calories, but then i google it and it says only 460?! How do we know what one to choose?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You guys all have really good suggestions and inspiration!! Is anyone else confused about the whole "logging" thing. When I want to log something, there are so many different calories for the same thing! How do we know which one to pick? LIke for instance, i was trying to find out how much a Costco pizza has because my friend told me that weight watchers says it's 700 calories, but then i google it and it says only 460?! How do we know what one to choose?

A little common sense and some initiative go a long way. Many of the foods in MFP have been confirmed correct by other users. If you aren't convinced MFP has the right numbers, google it. Sooo many companies have nutrition values available on the web.
  • MonettSteel
    MonettSteel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work hard staying under my calorie goal and getting in plenty of exercise during the week. I CHOSE/ALLOW myself to have one bad day during the weekend where I indulge all day and into the evening, whatever I've been craving and denying myself during the week. I have still experienced steady weight loss and I have been doing this for years.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I also just noticed you eat under 1200 during the week, plus exercising, you are most likely depriving your body during that so on the weekends you eat more.

This↑↑↑
    Whatever you do should be sustainable. Day after day, week after week, etc. If it isn't, you may want to reevaluate your routine. You are training your body right now. Your current method is training it to deprive itself and then binge. Lots of people do lose weight this way, but generally gain it back.
    The cheat method that people tend to sustain is not depriving themselves during the week, just staying around TDEE -20% then on their cheat days they eat however many calories they want. I tried that, but I thought about food constantly during my cheat days which I did not like. It made more sense for me to track my calories burned (I use an armband) and keep my calorie deficit without denying myself foods I want. I have worked a lot on portion sizes.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    To the OP and some of the other people who said they don't lose if they do cheat weekends:
    Try tracking your calories by the week, including your cheats. Are you hitting your weekly deficit? Are you hitting weekly macros? If so, you're fine. If not, there's your problem.
    Sometimes looming at things in a different way helps clear things up.
    Good luck!
  • TwinMom0804
    TwinMom0804 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try not to cheat on the weekends, but so I don't go insane, I "cheat" maybe once or twice a month by making my favorite meal or even going out to dinner. I may not lose as much that week, but do not gain any. Especially if I make sure I work out the next day.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ya. You guys are all so right! I guess I'm totally defeating the purpose when I "cheat"
    Ok, so for me the only way to suceed is to just stay on track during the weekends too! Thanks for all your guys' input. I really appreciate it::)

I just have to stay focused. I think alot of my cheating is also drinking and getting the munchies! Lol
    Thank again guys!

Oh man! Alcohol is the WORST thing for creating unhealthy cravings. I know how you feel! Sometimes I drink a little to much on saturday and wake up with a hangover on sunday and all I want is pizza, cola, pastry, burgers, fat, fat, fat and extra sugar! I am well disciplined though and don't give in to the cravings anymore. Thinking about it now makes me feel sick! I really genuinely don't miss eating any of that food but when I am hung over/drinking it can feel like EAT JUNK OR DIE... drinking really is the worst enemy of the dieter unfortunately!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" on the weekends. I'd only be harming myself, and why would I do that? I take advantage of the extra time on weekends and put MORE thought into my meals. I also get longer workouts in (sometimes two in one day, or sometimes exercise is built into the activties I do that day) because I don't have the demands of getting myself ready for work, the kids ready for preschool, etc.
  • mittyrox
    Options
    IF i am careful in food choices all week I do allow myself one cheat day on the weekends where I eat chips or pizza or something. I followed a diet called IDeal protein which has 4 phases.. the last one is maintenance and it requires you take one cheat day per week. then you follow your cheat day with a very low carb day (no fruit, bread, etc) and so your body does not store the excess food as fat, because you did not allow insulin to shoot out in your body...
    ive been maintaining my weight so far