30 day shred - anyone starting today?

Options

Replies

• SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I know when I was working out with my trainer, she had me doing different muscle groups on different days and never the same groups back-to-back, except the core muscles..... So it might be good to do it every other day if this works on all the major muscle groups each day...just a thought. I haven't actually started yet, but am looking forward to it.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I've decided to do it everyday...

Hey, I know Jillian is from Biggest Loser BUT I have to believe she wouldn't reccomend a workout routine that would cause serious injury. Plus I just completed day two's workout and I feel BETTER for having done it.

:) Tired now. Bedtime. Haha. Bye girls! See you tomorrow!
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    completed day 3! ouch...my legs hurt, but totally worth it :) how did everyone else do???
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did Day 3 tonight and it seemed ok but I am not getting any stronger. Still suck at push ups and ab work, the rest seems manageable. Maybe I will consider alternating cardio days between shred days.
    Oh, and to an earlier question, I thought we do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. Is that right? I am doing level one on demand cable but I ordered the DVD.
  • milky2sugar
    milky2sugar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started today! Day !1 my arms are killing me!

can't wait for the next day! :smile:
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I am going to start the 30 day Shred again on Monday....only made it to Day 5 last time. I have cried, cursed and wanted to punch Jillian, but at the end of the workout, I felt great (because I accomplished something). The only thing I found, I have to do extra stretching at the end of the video and then I don't feel it so much the next day.
  • sniffles
    Options
    For me Day 3 is done. Surprisingly I am less sore so far today but we'll see as the day goes on! Haha. I do NOT look forward to my run tonight (for once) but will push through!

Also, my abs HATE this program. haha.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2 level 1 Last night :) I'm so sore today, but it's worth it!!! I really feel like I can do it this time!!! To my workout tonight, all I have to say is BRING IT ON! :D
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 4 Level 1! With my 4 year old coaching me on! "Again, again, again - you can do it!!"
    Strangely, my calories burned is decreasing each day. My HR monitor only showed 189 calories burned today. It was 237 my first day. ???
    And the burn in my thighs is much better.
    I think I'll move up to Level 2 on Monday.
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi ladies, sorry so late getting this info to you but it's been a very busy day. It's beautiful here in Windsor, Ontario, Canada today so my DH and I decided to do yard work and power wash the outside of the house and window. Spring cleaning is upon us here!! :-)

Well, I felt better when I woke up this morning. I didn't feel as sore, but I did have to go to physiotherapy this morning. I asked my physiotherapist what her thoughts were on the DVD and this is what she advises.

1) If you are a beginner or you have a previous injury, you should do the workout only every other day until you build strengh, approx. 2-3 weeks.

2) Once you are stronger, feel free to do it every day.

3) Move to the next level when you feel strong enough. Repeat steps 1 & 2 above if you need to for each level.

I asked about giving your muscles a rest and she said that because it's only 20 minutes and it's a mix of cadio and "LIGHT" strenght training, it should be okay to do every day. However, if you feel pain rather than soreness, you should stop until the pain is gone because that could be a sign of an impending injury. If we were lifting heavy weights then we would have to give our bodies a chance to heal before stressing the muscles again.

So, because I am a beginner and I have a previous injury, she has recommended that I do it every other day. I'm a little bummed out about that but I have worked hard to recover from my knee problems and I don't want to undo everything I have already done. I took the day off today so I will be doing it tomorrow morning after I go get weighed at the dietitian.

On off days I will certainly ride my bike or do something else to keep it going. I really wish I could keep up with all of you. I will be a little further behind then you but I am still doing it.. Don't forget about me, I will still need encouragment.

Let me know what you all think of this, I would like your feedback, and if anyone will be doing it every other day...:bigsmile:

I will let you know how things go tomorrow!!

Julie
  • Ladeejulz
    Options
    BTW, I just wanted to say thanks again for all the support and I am really happy for all of you. You ladies are all tough and doing so well.

Let's keep shredding!!!!!
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ladee - that info makes a lot of sense! Thanks for checking it out.
    And for sure we'll be here to support you, no matter how many days you do it!
    Just keeping pushing play (every other day!)
  • hjenkins45
    Options
    Hi another great video is Jillian Michaels Fat burn boost metabolism. It is oneof the best I've used. Good luck with 30day shred :O)
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    Day 4 complete! My muscles dont hurt as bad as they were a couple days ago, I guess I'm getting stronger and more used to the workouts, I still sweat like crazy and am out of breath the whole time haha, its working!
    Thanks for finding out that info for us! I am going to do it everyday because I'm scared if I miss a day I will fall of the wagon! I hope that isn't a concern for you! I know you can do it!!
    Check in tomorrow! Good luck everyone :tongue:
  • Ladeejulz
    Options
    Day 4 complete! My muscles dont hurt as bad as they were a couple days ago, I guess I'm getting stronger and more used to the workouts, I still sweat like crazy and am out of breath the whole time haha, its working!
    Thanks for finding out that info for us! I am going to do it everyday because I'm scared if I miss a day I will fall of the wagon! I hope that isn't a concern for you! I know you can do it!!
    Check in tomorrow! Good luck everyone :tongue:

It is a concern for me!! :noway: I woke up this morning feeling good but thinking OMG!! I have to do that darn DVD again. UGH!! But that's okay, I will do it and I will succeed because I want to!!

I have to do it later in the day today because I get weighed in at the dietitian's this morning. Can't work out before weigh in because you won't get an accurate measurement. I will keep you posted.

Good luck to everyone today!!

Julie :heart:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Ladee...
    I"m on day 3 and I'm a hurtin' unit. My whole body is aching like crazy! How are we going to get through it????
  • KS1980
    KS1980 Posts: 40
    Options
    Would you recommend this work out for guys also? I am thinking about starting it Monday.
  • bailybubble
    bailybubble Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have this dvd but i don't do it every day - i have her other dvds so i swop and change - sometimes i do a nell mcandrew dvd instead or go for a walk - I have only been doing it for a couple of weeks but can see my muscles beginning to show. Still can barely do a press up thou !!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Completed day 3 level 1!! My calves are on FIRE but I'm lovin it!! I'm stoked about this one ya'll!! I feel like I can really actually do this!!! :)
  • sniffles
    Options
    Would you recommend this work out for guys also? I am thinking about starting it Monday.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander! Give it a shot!