Beware I may eat you!

Options
2»

Replies

• drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me a week ago. I did good all day then I spotted the Frito's, beckoning me. One chip, then two, two handfuls, three...then on to the ice cream, one bowl and cookies. I was just gonna eat one (I promise). One turned into three, then you can't have cookies without milk....

I ate my entire day's worth of calories at one sitting.

Do some research about cutting out wheat and sugar from your diet. You will be AMAZED at how good you feel in just 1 day without it. I haven't been hungry in almost a week. I actually passed up King Cake, donuts and pasta without even blinking.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Don't keep things that trigger your binges in the house.

Ditto. I keep healthy snacks around. Apples, oranges, things of that nature. Stock up on healthy yummies.
  • Bracciano
    Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Most importantly don't kill yourself over this. Everyone will lose it some day, but when you do, gather your thoughts and start that moment to get over it. Watch some TV, go to a movie, get busy with a loved one and fill your pleasure receptors with some good old dopamine that isn't brought on by food.
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    If I want cake, I have to make it, which means I have to have the ingredients on hand. I try really hard to not have the ingredients on hand.

This is me. I am the go to baker for all my friends. And I have discovered mug cakes on Pinterest. I am NOT experimenting with them because anything chocolate that is ready in 90 seconds is a thing I do not need to discover....

I am preparing for my own "eat all the things" day. TOM is coming....nooo....
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me a week ago. I did good all day then I spotted the Frito's, beckoning me. One chip, then two, two handfuls, three...then on to the ice cream, one bowl and cookies. I was just gonna eat one (I promise). One turned into three, then you can't have cookies without milk....

I ate my entire day's worth of calories at one sitting.

Do some research about cutting out wheat and sugar from your diet. You will be AMAZED at how good you feel in just 1 day without it. I haven't been hungry in almost a week. I actually passed up King Cake, donuts and pasta without even blinking.

King Cake? Years ago a co-worker from NOLA had one sent up to NY for me. I shared it, I didn't eat the whole thing on my own. But I think I ate the baby.
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Burrppp!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    argh, I'm totally at that time of the month and I want to eat pizza like nobody's business!! If I want cake, I have to make it, which means I have to have the ingredients on hand. I try really hard to not have the ingredients on hand. But yeah, sometimes you just have to go with it, have a serving and see how you feel. Then get back on track the next day.
    do you know 321 cake? I can eat one and be satisfied. If I remember correctly it's about 130 calories depending on the mix
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ate everything that was in the house today. :sick: Handful of this handful of that, a bite of this, a taste of that. Ugg, now I feel sick. I quit counting.
    Not to hijack, but i quit counting too - I think it is good to put it "on paper" (or screen) no matter what you do...but i cannot seem to force myself to (i had a binge day on Monday....) ....and have a hard time tracking on weekends!
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    argh, I'm totally at that time of the month and I want to eat pizza like nobody's business!! If I want cake, I have to make it, which means I have to have the ingredients on hand. I try really hard to not have the ingredients on hand. But yeah, sometimes you just have to go with it, have a serving and see how you feel. Then get back on track the next day.
    do you know 321 cake? I can eat one and be satisfied. If I remember correctly it's about 130 calories depending on the mix

Is this when you mix angel food cake mix with another cake mix? The supermarket near me didn't have angel food cake mix. grrrr....
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    If I want cake, I have to make it, which means I have to have the ingredients on hand. I try really hard to not have the ingredients on hand.

This is me. I am the go to baker for all my friends. And I have discovered mug cakes on Pinterest. I am NOT experimenting with them because anything chocolate that is ready in 90 seconds is a thing I do not need to discover....

freaking mug cakes...they are horribly easy. pure, delicious evil in a mug.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hah! I don't keep trigger foods in the house (at least PB hasn't set me off this time - I know I can't eat the entire Costco jar in one sitting, so I take it 2 tbsp at a time). Yet, I still had a mini binge yesterday - if I hadn't had two hours of dance class last night, I am pretty sure I would have gone over! I managed to find the least healthy things in the house (one banana, one fiber one brownie and a tbsp of slice almonds makes an excellent cold weather sundae*...prepackaged lean cuisine pizza, even though my partner had made a salad for me...)

The key is that we learn to build up strategies. Since I was aware of what I was doing, I was able to make myself wait 20-30 minutes in between snacks, then realize "no, I really still want something."

I had a hormonal excuse, but I also know that ONE day is not going to throw me off track. Not getting back up and in the right direction tomorrow is the only thing that can derail me. And so, I got up this morning and did Zumba and played on the Wii, packed my salad and some fruit and headed off to work.

* I also had a fiber one brownie spread with PB with a glass of milk a few days ago - yum!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

BUT REASONABLE CALORIES AND NO LEFT OVERS

freaking mug cakes...they are horribly easy. pure, delicious evil in a mug.
  • skinnydavid7
    skinnydavid7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have one of those days every so often. Usually most of it comes after dinner. All you can do is accept it as part of the process, fall forward, remember that it does not matter how many times you fall. Only how many times you get back up and in the arena again. Hang in there. This is do-able!
  • skinnydavid7
    Options
    When this happens if it is so much I cant really track, I don't. But then have to get back on the program the very next day. Tracking our food and weights is the secret to our success in the end. But one X-out day is not the end of the road at all. Just a bump to quote our President. We can do this!
  • skinnydavid7
    Options
    Yikes! Been there done that, got the T-shirt and the cap. LOL But just keep truckin. Two steps forward, one step back.