Not really seeing results?

Options
Hi, I'm currently getting a little frusterated going into my 3rd week of counting calories, as i'm not really seeing results? I have let go of soda, so that is not whats in my way. I was just wondering what everyone else has gotten as results for 3 weeks of calorie counting? My clothes haven't really gotten any looser, and I would notice since my jeans are snug on me. The only place i've really seen anything is that the cellulite on my thighs is less apparent. I have not weighed myself due to not having a scale, I'm loosing weight and trying to notice through clothes and visually. The only reason i'm getting frusterated over it is cause I had a friend who went down 2 pant sizes in 2 1/2 weeks and i'm still here at my 16/18 hahaha. I calorie count well during the week, but give myself some slack on weekend. Could that be the culprit? I was gonna calorie count through this weekend so we will see how that goes. But what do you think? Am I thinking way to hard about this.. or? What have you gotten for results for 3 weeks of calorie counting?

Replies

• BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm entering week 3 and I've lost 2 pounds, so I'm not seeing much in how my clothes fit. If your friends weighs more than you do, she could just be losing it quicker. Obese people tend to lose weight quicker at first. Even if that's not the case with her, I wouldn't worry. Just keep motivated!
  • farmgirl96
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I'm not quite sure what I weigh now... as I am waiting until i've done it for a month before weighing in.. just really need some encouragement to stay strong until then.
  • BigAndyT
    BigAndyT Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising aswel? calorie counting just means your not adding weight really and after 3 weeks you really cant tell from sight, buy some scales so you know
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out those weekend calories. It's amazing how fast they add up. I've been yo-yoing around the same weight for the past month, and I'm pretty sure it's because of my about once-per-week non-logging days. I'm going to quit that!
  • farmgirl96
    Options
    I am excercising, nothing extreme, just the ole' treadmill. I am only doing 30 minutes a day due to the fact that last week I pushed myself to hard at 60 min solid and I ended up throwing up after my workout and got dehydrated due to the stress on my body and the doc told me to bed rest the rest of the week so i only got 2 work outs in last week. So I decided that a half hour was better than nothing so I was planning on sticking to a half hour this week, and maybe bump it up a little for next week.
  • Heartcorecuteness
    Options
    Don't give yourself some slack at weekends!!!
    But if you do, get back on the diet the next day. I've lost 7lbs since the 1st Jan, and can now get into a pair of high-waisted shorts that were just that little bit tight for me beforehand! I think the reason i've lost it so quickly is exercise. I only do 10-20 minutes in the morning as I'm totally exercise-phobic and a complete beginner, but I think it's helping, and soon I want to make sure to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Keep going or you won't see results! :P
  • v1ice
    v1ice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every person looses weight at their own rate so trying to compare the weight loss may not be the best idea.. just stick to your defined weight loss rate and compete only with yourself.. just stick with the plan and the results will surely follow.. all the best..
  • 14cphelps
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are. I am thinkg that even though I have cut back on calories, i sitll eat the junk food and such just portion sized, but still eating it which i am thinking is why I haven't lost. And over the weekends i have been eating whatever, so this weekend I am also like you going to eat like a week day. I am hoping that at somepoint soon I see results cause yes i am also getting frustrated with not losing. It's like if I am not going to lose then why watch what I eat? I mean maybe it's excerise as I don't really exercise during the week due to time. But maybe I should try to find time. I really want to lose weight and get back into my pants that I wore last summer. Back to my size 10. I mean i have had to buy new pants due to gaining weight, but this time around it isn't as easy to take off. I hope you start to lose soon!! Stick with it girl! <3
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    3 weeks is not really enough time to see a huge change!! Give it more time!! You did not put all the weight on in 3 weeks, it's not all going to fall off in 3 weeks either!!

There's a saying floating around somewhere that says
    It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing
    It takes 8 weeks for friends and family to start to notice
    It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is not really enough time to see a huge change!! Give it more time!! You did not put all the weight on in 3 weeks, it's not all going to fall off in 3 weeks either!!

'-I needed that Thanks...:smile:
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options

'-I needed that Thanks...:smile:

THIS is what I bank on......
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    are you accurately measuring your food? being strict with your calories? honest with the entries?

If you aren't weighing, you may be selling yourself short. Be patient. If you're eating enough and logging honestly, you'll see loss.
  • feefee9
    feefee9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost as much as I would have liked to in the past 3 weeks either. But, I am still hanging in there trying to get past the first month of less food and trying to kick the carb bad habits...good luck and hang in there..
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's hard not being able to see your diary to see what exercises and foods you love...or what your calorie goal is. So here is some info for you :)

I hope you aren't at 1200. Also, realize that MFP expects you to eat your exercise calories back. If I were you, I'd recalculate your TDEE and make sure you are picking 1lb/week loss and the right activity level. Don't pick sedentary just because you think you'll lose faster.

There are other methods, though to calculate your TDEE.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Or for a different version to figure out your TDEE, as well as some great advice...check out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844040-raspberry-ketones-for-the-rest-of-us

Also, if you are worried about the calorie intake, I also suggest you read this thread that has numerous people who met their goals and are maintaining. Some for years and they also provide their calorie intake and how often they work out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group: (Read all the stickies. It's great information to know.)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

For those eating below their BMR (which I think 1200 is below your BMR to be honest), not going to preach at you, but here's something you might want to look at:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/859495-if-only-i-had-known?page=1#posts-12919931

Yes, this is can all be overwhelming and complicated , but you are more than welcome to ask questions on the post.
    One of the things that I have found that has been one of the best methods for me to get fit is to understand fitness. To understand where all these figures, etc come from.

The good thing is once you get the hang of it - it is something you'll be aware of constantly and you'll get a better understanding about your eating habits.

So I HIGHLY suggest making the effort to take every chance to educate yourself. Even if you don't end up going with any of these methods, calculations, etc - at least you understand what they are, where others are coming from, and maybe they will still be able to help you figure out what is best for you.