CHALLENGE! NO FASTFOOD MAY!

Options
Who's in? I'm starting my 2nd month challenging myself not to eat fast food :)

Welcome aboard you can do it!

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm having a small chinese tonight with a gal pal and that will be my final one for a month! I don't eat fast food very often, but would still love to get involved in the challenge =) !
  • bleedingdreamer
    Options
    I'm in for trying too. With two small kids we tend to get sucked into a lot of fast food. Our fault I know. This will help me get into the kitchen to create new dishes!
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    does subway count????
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'd be in, but just to clarify what counts as fast food? Are we talking places that have drive throughs only? Or do restaurants count? I.E if I go to dinner at Lonestar or go out for Indian with my girlfriends does that count as fast food?
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Does chocolate count? It's the only bad thing I tend to eat......
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    I count anything with a drive thru as fast food... subways don't so I don't count that either :) restaurants are fine!

glad ya'll are in!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If we don't count Subway, I'm in! I did horribly at No Fast Food April (I only lasted a week!), so I'm going to give May a shot!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I count anything with a drive thru as fast food... subways don't so I don't count that either :) restaurants are fine!

glad ya'll are in!

we have a subway down the road with a drive thru :tongue:
  • MirandaJayne
    Options

glad ya'll are in!

we have a subway down the road with a drive thru :tongue:

Oh Snap.:laugh:
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    I think maybe we should include pizza to the fast food list though they don't have drive throughs
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    The Godfathers I used to work at has a drive through!

And I'm in!
  • mworld
    Options
    hahaha, this whole fast food definition is getting more complicated by the minute.

The hardcore challenge I saw on the news once, wasn't about saying "let's not eat this food", so much as let's just say "let's eat whole/slow foods" <----i would fail on that one for a week even!

I just saw your Blog Miranda - looks like you have the best chance of pulling off the slow foods for sure! and i never knew about the DINK acronym, so I guess I know what my wife and I are now lol.
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    hahaha, this whole fast food definition is getting more complicated by the minute.

The hardcore challenge I saw on the news once, wasn't about saying "let's not eat this food", so much as let's just say "let's eat whole/slow foods" <----i would fail on that one for a week even!

I just saw your Blog Miranda - looks like you have the best chance of pulling off the slow foods for sure! and i never knew about the DINK acronym, so I guess I know what my wife and I are now lol.

LOL I never knew about DINKS until about a year ago and now I embrace it like nobody's business!

Thanks for checking out the blog and the confidence. :bigsmile:
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options

LOL I never knew about DINKS until about a year ago and now I embrace it like nobody's business!

Thanks for checking out the blog and the confidence. :bigsmile:

Wait.. does that make me and my fiance SINKS? (single income no kids) Haha.

And I'd say the definition of fast food.. any place (barring Subway.. I think Subway is on another plane all together) that doesn't have waitresses or tables.
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!! 47b20s0.gif
  • mworld
    Options
    SINKS - DINKS

we get slammed either way i think :)

Miranda, your blog totally gave me the 'Julie & Julia' flashback! Its really well done and interesting!

I encourage everyone else to check it out :drinker:
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    SINKS - DINKS

we get slammed either way i think :)

Miranda, your blog totally gave me the 'Julie & Julia' flashback! Its really well done and interesting!

I encourage everyone else to check it out :drinker:

Ummmm, you're so sweet. Thanks for the plug. :happy: I haven't seen the movie or read the book Julia&Julia, so is that a good thing? hehe :embarassed:

But everyone go ahead and check out the blog :wink:
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in! Might even be able to get the family to do this one. Since I don't eat very much fast food, I will try to go without my Starbucks and Second Cup....I have a weakness for Lattes.
  • dzara_33
    dzara_33 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm so in!!! New to the site and this looks like a great way to get started. Busy mom here has a habit of driving thru Mcdonalds...that just happens to be 1 1/2 blocks from my house!! I can smell the food from my front porch!! So I'm getting the kids and DH in on our goal.
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Saturdays will be my hardest days cause we go out of town for my man's softball games and always end up driving through somewhere. Tomorrow morning I am packing a cooler with food so we can all eat healthy!