Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    30 below wind chill
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I live in Salisbury Uk so a beautiful Cathedral with the tallest spire in the Uk and various historical buildings in the town centre. Driving distance to the beach, beautiful New Forest and the most popular attraction Stonehenge :-)
    I visited Salisbury Catherdral on a side trip from London (went to Stonehenge and Bath as well)....what a beautiful part of the world!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, Montana, a picture of a decapitated animal..... *smh*
    Yep, I harvest my own meat. No problem in that. You eat cow, chicken, pig right? Only difference is I do it myself and it is as organic as you can get it.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Not in the US, but anyways...

GiantFiddle.jpg

smokey-fortress-louisbourg-.jpg

cabot-trail-cape-breton.jpg
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Warm Atlantic coast beaches (with great sand for sand castles, not so great for surfing though)
    Mountains (Blue Ridge, Great Smokies, and Appalachian, etc)
    Rolling hills (golfers love us)
    Lots of trees (oh the beautiful fall leaves! The Spring Blossoms!)
    The mild winters (countered by the oppressively hot and humid summers)
    The long growing season with many local farms (we can even get local tea, fruit, veggies, corn, heirloom rice...)
    The friendly people and southern hospitality
    "Soul" food
    Sweet tea (and the related "Firefly vodka")
    Cheerwine soda
    The history (one of the original 13 colonies... with some very old ports and cities... like 1600s old) (We were a major player in chasing the British off prior to their surrender at Yorktown. And we started the Civil war. Lots of cool history around here.)
    The music
    Our state dance is Shagging
    About half way between DC/New York to the north and Florida to the south (depending on what part of Florida you are aiming for)--lots of vacations within a weekend drive of here
    Cheap cost of living (but "bad" schools and lower wages than many other state)
    Our colonial constitution promoted religious tolerance--much to the surprise of many modern visitors. It was one of the few to guarantee such freedoms.

Apparently my state is the same size and has about the same population as the whole of Ireland. We probably have just as many redheads as they do too, but their lamb is tastier. I remember a conversation with a nice Irish couple at a bed and breakfast a few years ago. It was before we went to Ireland, but they couldn't believe that Miami, FL was so "far" away.

What's the old saying? In USA 100 years is a long time and in Europe 100 miles is a long way.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    .Lauren+019.jpg
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    White Island - Explore volcano!
    Milford Sound
    Waitomo Glowworm Caves
    Cape Reinga and 90 Mile Beach

A LOT MORE
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yep, I harvest my own meat. No problem in that. You eat cow, chicken, pig right? Only difference is I do it myself and it is as organic as you can get it.

You don't know what I eat and regardless I certainly wouldn't display it's dead head like I've been brave killing it or like it''s an 'attraction'. Very distasteful.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You don't know what I eat and regardless I certainly wouldn't display it's dead head like I've been brave killing it or like it''s an 'attraction'. Very distasteful.

What would you do with its head?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    That it's gonna be 66 degrees today.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I am proud. I worked my *kitten* off. It might be distasteful to you but for many it is not. Everyone differs. I will continue to be proud of my hard work and post it/display it.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Packers-Beer-Brats-Cheese and Frozen Tundra;-)

Don't forget world's largest music festival SUMMERFEST, and world's largest waterpark WISCONSIN DELLS!!!!:smile:
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Dreamworld
    Sea World
    Underwater World
    Movie World
    Wet N Wild
    Great Barrier Reef
    Whales

I''m sure there's more but thats all I can think of now, and sorry if someone has already said it, I didn't read the replies!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sydney, NSW Australia has amazing beaches, Mardi Gras, Open air moon light cinema @ Bondi beach, City 2 Surf run, Blackmores running festival, the Sydney Festival, Tropfest film festival - we have heaps of fun stuff
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The Grand Canyon, and nice winters. :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Columbus, Ohio..um..first ever Wendy's, Bath and Body Works, Cosi Science Museum, the short north, Ohio state fair...the Buckeyes..
    You know you're from Ohio if...

You don't think of Florida first when someone mentions Miami.

You think Pro football teams are supposed to wear orange!

You're proud of your state fair, but would rather go to Cedar Point.

You know all the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.

You live less than 30 miles from some college or university.

You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candy ones.

You know if other Ohioians are from southern or northern Ohio as soon as they open their mouths.

You root for a college team though you've never taken a class there.

You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine, and Tuscarawas *(Wapakoneta?) and you know which letter is doubled in "Cincinnati."

You always visit more than two amusement parks in one summer.

You know what game they're playing when the Mud Hens take on the Clippers.

You measure distance in minutes.

.Down south to you means Kentucky.

Your school classes were canceled because of cold.

Your school classes were canceled because of heat.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"

You carry jumper cables in your car.

You know what pop is.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

You think that deer season is a national holiday.

You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    my hometown is Philly:
    The 22 Ways to Tell You Are From Philadelphia, YO!

22. You hate Dallas.
    21. You Realize your favorite dessert is "wawder ice."
    20. You find yourself using "yo" and "youse guys" when talking long distance to your family.
    19. You can spell Schuykill.
    18. You pronounce Acme as "ACK-A-ME."
    17. You think that $2,500 a year for insurance on a 1977 Toyota Corolla is a bargain.
    16. You find yourself in a nice restaurant thinking "I wonder if they have cheese steaks?"
    15. You sleep soundly through gunfire and ambulances.
    14. You visit New York and are impressed by how clean it is.
    13. You believe the car on your left (with turn signal flashing and the driver pointing at your lane)
    wants you to close the gap with the car in front of you.
    12. You can't eat french fries without Cheese Whiz.
    11. You call sprinkles on top of your ice cream cone "jimmies."
    10. You don't think Wawa sounds funny.
    9. You snub a cheese steak that is not on an Amoroso roll.
    8. Your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all live on the same block.
    7. You know who Jim O'brien is and how he died.
    6. You can't imagine lunch without a Tastykake.
    5. You're still not sure about Jerry Penacolli.
    4. A vacation down at the Jersey Shore (pronounced "shoore") is better than going to an island
    because there is more stuff to do and you know everyone.
    3. You know where to find the Rocky statue.
    2. You know that only tourists go to Geno's, Pat's and Jim's for authentic cheese steaks. You only go there if you are drunk and it's 3:00 a.m.
    1. You buy a soft pretzel at a traffic light without wondering where the guy goes to wash his hands. And you know
    what? You don't even care!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin knows how to drink and have a good time.

wisconsinites are often not even allowed to enter drinking contests in other states (such as during spring break) because they say we have an unfair advantage.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lots of fun stuff in Massachusetts. Traffic, traffic Jams, road work, pot holes, high taxes, lots of tolls, corrupt drug labs, just to name a few. Also it is pretty cold here.

Cape Cod has hours of traffic on weekends, and really it's not that nice.
    bilde?Site=CC&Date=20120517&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=205170341&Ref=AR&maxH=230&maxW=370&border=0&Q=80&cb=20120517071000
    Boston is cool until you have to drive anywhere. We should totally have ads like this.

xA4HkWs.jpg

Really some very cool old trails and historic stuff from in the Concord and Lexington area.

As negative as I sound... I love it here.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I live in Montana, we have:
    Yellowstone National Park, Glacier Park
    skiing
    mountains
    whitewater rafting
    no more than 6 people per square mile in most counties(haha)
    and Butte has one of the best St. Patrick's day celebrations you could ever find :)