Anyone use the Wii or Xbox to workout?

Options
Anyone use the Wii or Xbox to workout? I love using Just Dance & Zumba on my Wii to get in a fun workout every once in a while!.

What are some games you use or enjoy to get in a workout for the day?

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have a few different programs but the Zumba 3 is my favorite.. Just don't seem to like others to much..
  • PamOhioGirl
    Options
    I have been using a wii fitness pal game for a week. It's pretty good. I also have a biggest loser wii game that's okay.
  • elisavallone
    elisavallone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used the Zumba for Wii but I didn't feel it was terribly accurate, sometimes I'd be moving and it wouldn't recognise it. However, I love the Wii fit because no matter what the weather is you can still do something fun and get fit at the same time, as well as tracking your progress.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I started out using EA Sports Active 1 and 2. Then I bought Wii Zumba. Now I'm in love with Wii Hip Hop Experience. I use Wii workouts as a warm up when I don't go to the gym.
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Boxing, lot's of it and I am a little competitive when I do boxing so I give it my all. Works extra good if you imagine your opponent to be someone you are not happy with. LOL
  • aedurkee
    aedurkee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really didn't find it much of a challange for strength or cardo for wii fit plus. But that being said the yoga was good and the balance games with the wii board is fun with someone else playing along.
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    just dance 3 and 4. I know there are a couple of zumba for the wii...does anyone know which one is best for beginners?
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use just dance 2 and 3 on wii. I like dancing and having fun at the same time.
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    I have used then Biggest Loser for the Wii which was okay....but I love the Zumba for the Kinect. I work up a sweat, and while it isn't as amazing as an actual class, but when wearing my HRM I burn at between 500 and 800 calories.

=]
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't use the Wii or Xbox but I use my PlayStation 3 Move. I got the Zumba Fitness game and I love playing it.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    We have Just Dance 4 for the WiiU, and my 7 year old loves it as much as me. There's a Just Sweat option with different durations, up to 45 minutes.

You can work up a good sweat either dancing in the game side or the Sweat side.
  • carleighsmama
    carleighsmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2, 3, and 4 for Wii. I use them all at random times, depending on my mood, for my workouts. I also have the Black Eyed Peas dance game for the Wii as well. I'm really into the dancing games. I have Wii Fit, but I feel the balance board isn't very accurate for weighing. There is usually a 5-8 lbs difference between my scale and the Wii Fit.
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    dance central on the kinect is a lot of fun and you can put it on workout mode so it is continuous. Kinect sports can be a great workout if you play some of the harder ones
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I keep meaning to try the Nike+ Training on Xbox, but I do love using Dance Central to work up a sweat on occasion!
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Going to start Zumba Rush tomorrow for Kinect. :)
  • improvemyself4myhealth
    Options
    We have Just Dance 4 for the WiiU, and my 7 year old loves it as much as me. There's a Just Sweat option with different durations, up to 45 minutes.

You can work up a good sweat either dancing in the game side or the Sweat side.

I haven't gotten Just Dance 4 yet, but I love the Just Dance 3! It has the sweat option as well.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape Fitness and Nike+ for kinect...I do on days I can't get to the gym...love ")
  • kwseneca
    Options
    I do wii Just Dance 4.
    It is pretty fun, and you really don't notice how long you are playing. It isn't very intense though! But still a great workout and fun.
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    I use the Nike Kinect trainer, Zumba and sports along with dance central for the xbox :) I think I spend more time justifying to my kids why I need the xbox!
  • carleighsmama
    carleighsmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Just Dance 4 Sweat Mode is a lot better than Just Dance 3. A lot better! I've pretty much only played Just Dance 4 in the Sweat Mode instead of Dance Mode. I'm addicted to it.