"A New Me" Group's May Fitness Challenge

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,662 Member
For the month of May, our fitness challenge is to work out at least 22 days.

FYI, this challenge is open to anyone who wants to join, so welcome! We just keep a running tally of the month's workouts. For example, if I start it, it will look like this tomorrow:

Saturday, May 1

Jill - 1

The next person will copy what I posted, add their name to the list, and so on. It's pretty simple. Just remember to copy the most recent update so nobody's numbers get lost. Thanks!

Replies

• CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello :D I need this more then ever im in for real! :D
  • PJilly
    Options
    Awesome, Nia! Nice to see you again!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I'm in again for May! I made it to 14 in April because I took a week off to finish everything up for school. Even then, I still worked out more consistently than I ever have thanks to this challenge. I am now obsessed and determined to hit 22 in May!

If I stick with you guys, I will be able to run a 5k by the end of the month and will also be on Stage 2 of the "New Rules of Lifting for Women" program. That will be such a proud moment for me, and I am so happy to have this challenge to keep me motivated. Thanks so much, Jill!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds like fun.
  • tammytoeller1
    Options
    i'm in!
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    I'm in for sure :)
  • CherryJellybean
    Options
    Jill i been so lost! ahhhh I ordered Brazillian BUtt lift.. :D Should arrive today! YAY DAy 1 tomorrow! woohoooooooooooooooo
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP, can i join your fitness challenge for May, it sounds just what i need as motivation

wendy:flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP, can i join your fitness challenge for May, it sounds just what i need as motivation

wendy:flowerforyou:
    Absolutely! I just edited my initial post to let people know how this works and that everyone is welcome. :happy:
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm in...Jill you may need to remind me to come post lol.....I'm bad about remembering.
  • kristinelw
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge, and I think I need it in order to remember to work out even during my exams :P

But I'm curious, what do you define as a work out? Is it okay just to go for a walk, or should I only count harder work outs (i.e. 60 minutes of running)?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge, and I think I need it in order to remember to work out even during my exams :P

But I'm curious, what do you define as a work out? Is it okay just to go for a walk, or should I only count harder work outs (i.e. 60 minutes of running)?
    It's whatever you define for yourself as being a workout.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm in! sounds like the kick in the butt I need to get me out of my funk!
  • CherryJellybean
    Options
    Brazil* Butt Lift is in woohooo so im ready! :happy:
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm in for May, even if I have to walk around the hospital for exercise, I feel like crap not having done anything for over a week.
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Count me in, i'm up for it
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm in and will do it this time. By the way Jill, May starts tomorrow, not today :laugh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'm in and will do it this time. By the way Jill, May starts tomorrow, not today :laugh:
    I know. I'm not quite that senile yet! :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BroadwayBabe
    Options
    count me in too! :smile:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for tomorrow so we can start!

I hit 26 in April.
    I am on week 4 of C25K and also doing the 200squat/200situp/100pushup challenge on the opposite days so that's 6 days a week right there if I stick to it!
    I'll probably take my birthday as a day off though! :drinker: