Body fat % not dropping

Options
Ok can someone PLEASE help and suggest something to me. I have been using MFP for almost 2 weeks and since then I have lost 5 lbs. but my body fat percentage has YET to drop. I do cardio,yoga, and weight training 6 times a week! I am eating considerately healthy on 1200 calories. I just had a baby in November 2012 and I know that it will take time but I feel that I may be doing something wrong considering the fact that I do a lot to lose nutrition-wise and activity-wise but never seem to lose FAT. Please help. :(

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Eat more! ABOVE your bmr.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't long enough to make a reasonable assessment. And body-fat is really difficult to improve. You're expecting too much too soon, sorry.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i had my baby in july last yr and my BF is now 18% i would give your body time" you could be holding on to Body fat cos you ve just sorta recently had a baby, id maybe eat a little more also 1200 sounds really low i eat 1800 - 2000 cal a day and i exercise 6 days a week. Chill out, it will show through soon, 2 wks is not long enough to see serious results. How do you measure your body fat?? i get mine done at the gym so it is somewhat accurate"
  • SuperMom1105
    Options
    Im sorry I wasnt clear, Ive been working out like that for almost 2 months and I joined MFP only 2 weeks ago.
  • SuperMom1105
    Options
    I know I actually feel like I may not be eating enough b/c I get cranky! I get my measured on the weight watchers scale and also I use tape measurements. Probably not super accurate but 28% def shows, esp in my midsection and thighs and since Im normally 125, being 140lbs now seems about right at 28%
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't long enough to make a reasonable assessment. And body-fat is really difficult to improve. You're expecting too much too soon, sorry.

this. plus make sure you NET 1200 calories - ie eat back the extra you burn through exercise.
  • SuperMom1105
    Options
    Thank you! :) I slip up and sometimes dont eat my exercise calories so thats good to know.
  • dapzzz
    dapzzz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1. How accurate do you think these measurements are?

2. Do you LOOK skinnier when you look at yourself in the mirror? I'm sure you have some pictures from 2 months ago...surely you don't look the same now as you did then?

Personally, I suspect that these digital scales aren't very accurate at measuring BF%.