Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I have been using a MIO watch heart rate montior while I walk. It is not a continous monitor but today I walked 52 minutes and I know I checked my heart rate AT LEAST 25 times, it said I burned 511 calories. My weight is high and the track has two good size hills and I go up and down two sets of stairs each time I walk around. How accurate have you found these to be?

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    From what I've read they give you a good ballpark estimate but aren't ideal. Depending on your weight it's certainly possible that walking 52 minutes up and down hills and stairs could burn 511 calories.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I also use Mio wrist watch and I find it accurate as long as you take regular readings. I love mine :smile:
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ive never used that type of HRM i have only bought the HRMs with the chest strap, all the research i have found said that by having the chest strap it actually gives you the exact reading on your calories burned. most polar HRMs have the chest strap and you dont need to keep logging your heart rate it does it automatically.