I don't like water...

Options
13»

Replies

• SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Use the Crystal light flavor packages, it will really help get your fluid intake. FYI makes me go to the rest room alot flushing kidneys which is a good thing.:laugh:

We don't get Crystal Light here in the UK :sad:

So when I visit the US I always try to bring lots home as its much better than anything we have here :drinker:
  • rblesd
    rblesd Posts: 28
    Options
    I have heard of sugar free jello mixes. Personally I use small amounts of the drink mixs for water bottles... ie crystal lite etc
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I was in school I only drank milk. So I made this rule, that after I had one glass of water I could have one glass of milk with lunch.

Now I like water... And I've mostly stopped drinking milk cause drinking my calories is pretty stupid and low fat milk is gross.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I usually add a slice of fresh lemon to hot/warm water (boiled and cooled) and can drink 10 - 12 cups of this in a day easiely.
    Fruit or Herbal tea are aldo a favorite of mine (no sugar of course)
    Peppermint or Camomile are calming for the evenings and just before bed will help you sleep (again no sugar)

If I'm out with friends and don't want alcohol I'll have a Lime and Soda (most bars only use a slash or Lime Cordel if not fresh) - makes me fell like I'm having an alcoholic drink too lol! :drinker:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I like water but I tend to forget to drink enough.

Try ...
    having a drink when you first get up in the morning, before anything else - usually your body needs fluid so give it water - you will drink it before you know it.
    using tea bags - there are a zillion out there - green tea with a few flakes of chilli is pretty good - jasmine, chinese, fruity, heaps!!
    Put a small glass in the fridge, drink it whenever you can, fill it up for next time
    Keep a water bottle on your desk / where ever you are during the day
    Keep an insulated water bottle in the car, drink when you are at red lights
    Take a water bottle with you when you walk
    Put ice in it
    Make icypoles out of it!
    Put lemon slices in it
    Put fizzy vitamin tablets in it - Berocca, Hairy Lemon, etc - makes it sort of like a fizzy drink :wink:
    Use a small glass and often
    Get a water filter / jug / if your tap water isn't very nice.
    If you search on the forums I am sure I saw a thread about flavoured waters you can make.
    I personally don't like the taste of diet cordials but they might help you?

Tell yourself you LIKE water! If you look at something in a negative way, like it is some disgusting medicine, then you naturally won't want it. Tell yourself it is water, pure, your body needs it, your brain needs it, it is good for you.

ditto what @BerryH says - fluid is fluid.
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My wife has same issue. I buy her lemon / lime flavored bottled water. While it costs a little more, there are not a bunch of additional calories or sugars added to good ones. She has also found some powdered flavorings that probably have sugar subs, but almost no calories. I think it is worth the extra $2-$3 a day if she drinks more water. So critical to body, skin...just gotta do it. Personally, I just made it a habit, now colas are too sweet, and just grab the water.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Also found this from a previous thread:

Core two small apples, whichever kind you prefer, and slice them up and put them into a 2L jug with two cinnamon sticks. Fill the jug halfway with ice and then fill the rest with water. (I like to leave mine in the fridge over night so the flavor circulates longer).

To my surprise, it was delicious, it tastes a bit like apple pie but ZERO calories! (Unless you eat the apple from the bottom afterwards ;))

I've been drinking it the past week and I've felt a huge change in my body. Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

For all you who are not a fan of drinking water, try this! It's a healthy, natural, sugar free way to add flavor to your water.

(I've also tried boiling the apple and cinnamon before putting it in my jug, it really releases the flavor more!)
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bump ...:flowerforyou: