Can someone give ideas on using cottage cheese???

Options
devon0324
devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
Need ideas for cottage cheese.

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Lasagna :):);)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    love cottage cheese with "fruit" ...
    Also, if you do lasagna, you can do a veggie lasagna and replace ricotta chees with "cottage cheese"
    very good :)
  • reagancollum
    Options
    I made alfredo sauce using cottage cheese the other night. The whole family raved about it!! I got the recipe from The Gracious Pantry. It's clean eating blog.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 or .5 scoops of protein, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup cinnamon chex cereal or your preference! make for a high protein breakfast with ~300 cals
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just eat it plain or with fruit mixed in. I love it with strawberries, peaches or pineapples.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like it liberally sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Spices...garlic, no salt mixed blends, salsa...dip veggies into them..Low sugar jam,
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Some people like it with apple butter on top.

I like it plain or with fruit.
  • tiraguse
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with chopped tomatoes and some dill. I also like it with kiwis or peaches. It's also good on top of wasa crackers.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    No pastry Quiche

ingredients:
    peppers, diced
    onions, chopped
    courgettes, diced
    baby sweetcorn, sliced
    asparagus, sliced lengthways
    mushrooms, chopped
    tomatoes, sliced
    3 eggs
    150g fat free natural cottage cheese

method:
    1.Prepare whatever Superfree veggies take your fancy… we’ve used peppers, onions, courgettes, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. You can dry-fry them until soft or leave them raw for extra crunch.

2.Mix together the 3 eggs, 150g fat-free natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley.

3.Lay the chopped vegetables out in an oven-proof flan dish then pour the cottage cheese mix over.

4.Pop in the oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.

:happy:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    A spoon. It's how I ate mine just now. Or stick it on Ritz crackers or other crackers.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love it plain but if you want something different add a bit of powdered ranch and some cut up scallions and use it as a veggie dip. You can blend the cottage cheese in a blender if you like and to reduce the size of the curds.

Also, someone was mentioning cottage cheese ice cream a while back.I don't know the recipe but I was intrigued. Google cottage cheese ice cream and see what you come up with.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I mix a cup of cottage cheese with a can of mandarin oranges. Yum.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Try it with your eggs in the morning :) Gives them a nice protein boost and cheesy taste that you can't feel guilty about!
  • franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    These protein pancakes are delicious: http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-oatmeal-pancake-93019

I add some ground flax seeds and use a little less oatmeal.
  • Amy_Alise
    Options
    I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I go a different route. When I first get a container of cottage cheese, I mix in fresh green onion, garlic powder, and freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper. Your breath might be horrible, but I find it tasty :blushing:
  • sodak4lyfe
    Options
    cottage cheese with cinnamon and craisins, with a pinch of ground ginger
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with boiled corn, with broccolli, with cauliflower, with baked potatoes, ( sweet or normal) , with any kind of vegetables. Or if you want a sweet treat, mix it with sugarfree smukers jam. Yummmy!
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    do this: you'll love it

get some quaker oats. grind them to a flour in a coffee grinder. combine with equal or so portion of whole wheat or buckwheat flour

add: 1 scoop whey protein (any flavor)

add: tsp baking soda

add: skim milk

add: cottage cheese

oatmeal protein pancake. enjoy!