YOUR grocery list ..(of Healthy eating).....

Options

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hummus although once in get my food processor ill make it myself
  • Lisamb757
    Lisamb757 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Basically the whole produce section, lol, green teas, unsweetened almond milk, ground turkey, fage Greek yogurt, pistachios or almonds, laughing cow spready cheeses, low carb wheat tortillas(la tortilla factory or la banditera), progreso light soups or healthy choice frozen dinners(for easy meals or lazy times lol), salmon, the Tyson frozen chicken breast strips( so you don't have to cut it up), tuna, if I get lunch meats it's from the deli, the healthy ones brand and then I usually get pepper jack slices,natures own 100% whole grain bread, PEANUT BUTTER! Various frozen fruits and veggies. Eggs and egg whites.

aaaaaand then my husband proceeds to fill the cart with pop tarts and Cheetos BLAHH!
  • Lisamb757
    Options
    Protein bars too
  • Lisamb757
    Options
    Not bountiful baskets in my state even. Boooo!
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Spinach
    Apples
    Strawberries
    Bananas
    Blueberries
    Chicken
    Almonds
    Tuna Fish
    String Cheese
    Whole Wheat pasta
    Cottage Cheese
    Lean Pockets, man they are good, and lets you feel like you are cheating,without the super high calories (still, watch the sodium)
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It sounds terrible but... Real bacon bits. 1 tbsp is 30. Added to green beans, eggs, salad... Gives you the feeling of being naughty without the guilt because sometimes the only thing that makes a bad day better is instant bacon.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My got-to-haves:
    Bird's Eye Oriental Stir Fry veggies in the big five pound bag (sugar snap peas, red peppers, broccoli, baby corn, water chestnuts, etc.) I eat this almost every night. A little olive oil and soy sauce, minced garlic and ginger, crushed red pepper, and chili powder -- its to die for, and its all healthy!(:
    0% plain Chobani or Fage greek yogurt. I only buy these brands because they have live active cultures and more protein than other brands.
    Fresh or frozen blueberries and raspberries to add to the yogurt for a quick dessert or snack, or to put in banana ice cream
    Ground or whole flaxseed -- you can put it on/over/in basically anything to add extra flavor, fiber, and a little protein
    Bananas for banana ice cream: frozen bananas blended with add-ins like cocoa powder and peanut butter or berries, or ice cream sandwiches: bananas pureed with peanut butter, cocoa powder, and flaxseed, spread between home-made graham crackers, and frozen
    All natural peanut butter
    Whole wheat flour
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    EGGS. Lots of eggs. You can scramble them, mix them with bananas to make banana pancakes, hardboil them and eat them plain or chopped in salads... I go through about a dozen or two a week.
    Bountiful basket with occasional add-ons... this week was four pounds of strawberries! <3
    Assorted fruits and veggies -- whatever looks good or is on sale
    LOTS of salad greens. I think I came home with two heads of romaine and two or three bags of pre-mixed greens this last
    week.
    Newman's Own oil and vinegar dressing
    Garlic and ginger -- I use about a clove of garlic a day, plus the occasional chunk of ginger in a stir-fry or tea.

This is how I lost 50lbs before. I just jumped back on the bandwagon, but after eating like this for two days (with a brownie yesterday and a cinnamon roll today) my severe digestive issues have all but cleared up and I can already see a change in the mirror. Plus I used to sleep up to twelve hours a day, and now I have so much energy that I can only sleep about eight hours, and it doesn't take me forever to wake up. It's crazy what a difference a few days can make!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We usually get chicken, ground turkey, ground checken, lean beef, pork, turkey bacon, bananas, salad, salad kits(for my lunches), oatmeal, berrys (whatever is on sale), cuties, mushrooms, bell peppers, whole grain pasta, canned tomatos, frozen broccoli, mixed frozen veggies, frozen fruits, spinach, Kashi cereal, 100 cal packs, Special K chips, Egg Beaters, whole wheat/grain bread, fish, toritllas, greek yogurt.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    My absolute must haves

Greek yogurt
    Carrots and yogurt dressing
    Fruit
    Salmon fillets
    Chicken breast
    Cheese
    Turkey sausage and/or bacon
    Sugar free coffee creamer

I could probably live off that. For a splurge, I make stuffed red peppers or get steak
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The main part of my journey in a grocery store is fruits/veggies. Fruits I usually switch up every time, except for bananas. But veggies I usually always get are: Tomatoes, Asparagus, Lettuce/salad mixes, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, mushrooms, black olives, potatoes, onions, banana peppers.... Umm other stuff is quinoa, burrito shells, soups, tofu, rice noodles.. I can't remember everything.. Lol.. But that's a pretty good run down.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have to have:

Whole Milk
    Chicken Thighs
    Avocados
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Blueberries
    Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls
    2% Fage Greek Yogurt
    Apples
    Broccoli
    Tillamook Cheddar
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    tuna, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, whey isolate, eggs, romaine hearts, bananas...staples of my diet
  • docnyto
    docnyto Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Salmon filets ($5 for 4 at Walmart)
    Scallops
    Range free eggs
    Asparagus (canned, fresh too exp right now)
    Fat-free milk
    Silk unsweetened almond milk (for cereal, shakes, and other cooking)
    Apples, oranges, grapefruit, bananas
    Spinach
    Kale
    Walnut pieces
    Vitatops
    PopChips
    Fiber One Brownies
  • docnyto
    docnyto Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a note to those using turkey sausage and chicken sausage. I read a research article recently that found that those often have a high level of skin and by-products that are higher calorie and fattier than the labels claim. Plus the though of eating the skin and who knows what by products was a total turn-off.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Bananas for banana ice cream: frozen bananas blended with add-ins like cocoa powder and peanut butter or berries, or ice cream sandwiches: bananas pureed with peanut butter, cocoa powder, and flaxseed, spread between home-made graham crackers, and frozen

OMG! I love you!!!
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bumping for later. im always looking for grocery store ideas.
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    eggs
    chicken thighs (can't stand chicken breast)
    whatever meat is on sale
    ice cream (currently Dreyer's Mocha Almond Fudge *droool*)
    heavy cream and half & half for my coffee :)
    Jose Ole Frozen Steak and Cheese Chimichangas (I looove my junk food)
    onions
    garlic
    deli ham
    tortillas
    salsa
    tomatoes
    spinach
    english muffins
    oreos
    milk
    Smart Ones frozen dinners

Pretty much whatever I like to eat that fits my macros!!!
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    PRODUCE:

❤ organic frozen veggies: broccoli, spinach, & stir fry

❤ bananas

❤ organic frozen fruits: blueberries, strawberries, & mango chunks

GRAINS/PASTA & FLOUR:

❤ organic elbow pasta

❤ organic rolled oats

❤ organic unbleached white flour

DAIRY:

❤ organic raw mild cheddar cheese slices

❤ organic butter

❤ organic raw sharp cheddar block cheese

MEAT & POULTRY (no hormone):

❤ organic bacon

❤ organic ground turkey

CANNED & JARRED:

❤ organic salsa

❤ organic canned black beans

❤ organic canned white beans

NUTS & SEEDS:

❤ walnuts

❤ almonds

❤ chia seeds

SWEETENERS:

❤ organic cane sugar

❤ organic coconut sugar

OTHER:

❤ 100% cacao powder

❤ organic unsweetened apple sauce

❤ grapeseed oil

❤ organic flax oil (high lignan; unfiltered)

❤ organic eggs

❤ imitation vanilla butter & nut flavoring

❤ instant yeast

❤ organic dairy-free chocolate chips
  • Healthytobex2
    Options
    squash
    broccoli
    carrots
    leeks
    tuna
    chicken