INSANITY!!!

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm quite new to this, but im really motivated to loosing weight and generally getting fitter and stronger. I have been doing Jillian's 30 day shred for 2 weeks now (i'm on to level 2). It's great and im really enjoying it. I have been thinking about buying the Insanity DVD's, however i'm unsure how it works. As i understand it you get 10 DVD's, but how do you know which DVD to do on which day or is that up to you. Does the programme come with a specific weekly workouts? Any help would be great. I'm really excited about starting this. God i must be mad, it looks killer!!

Thanks guys :-)

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    There's a schedule to follow. The two months are different levels- and longer workouts.
  • nvrsettle
    Options
    I just started Insanity 3 days ago.

You will receive a calendar of sorts along with the DVD's. This will tell you each day which DVD to put in, its a two month long process. So you will not choose which workout to do, the schedule is provided for you.

You work out 6 days a week, for the first month you will rotate the same 5 DVD's over and over (beginning on Monday you will work on each DVD until Saturday were you will start the 1st DVD over). Then move on to the last 5 DVD's during the second month. You will workout to each DVD, each day - the workout times differ between each DVD.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm quite new to this, but im really motivated to loosing weight and generally getting fitter and stronger. I have been doing Jillian's 30 day shred for 2 weeks now (i'm on to level 2). It's great and im really enjoying it. I have been thinking about buying the Insanity DVD's, however i'm unsure how it works. As i understand it you get 10 DVD's, but how do you know which DVD to do on which day or is that up to you. Does the programme come with a specific weekly workouts? Any help would be great. I'm really excited about starting this. God i must be mad, it looks killer!!

Thanks guys :-)

I am curious, how did you do on the Jillian Michael's? I am using it on the weekends when I cant get to the gym. Man she kicked my butt the first time around.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had it and sent it back, it was to hard on my knees. It involves a lot of jumping ect... I am now on the Slim in 6 dvds from beachbody. It seems to be less jumping and is more for sliming down raather than building muscle ect...
  • Hobbes922
    Hobbes922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Day 19 of Insanity and I have to say that I love it. I've read that you already have to be in some what good shape for this, and I've found that to be true. In nice weather, I ran a lot and that has certainly helped with all the cardio. There is a lot of high intensity cardio in Insanity and some of it is high impact (jumps). If you land softly, you can reduce the impact a little.

Its challenging, but also fun. Shaun T is a great instructor and even though you repeat the workouts, I haven't been bored yet. I can already see some really nice results.

I recommend that if you do start Insanity, get a good heart rate monitor so that you can measure how hard you are working and how many calories you burn.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    get an HRM.... you can get the full calorie amount of your calorie loss.... Insanity burns on average 500 calories per exercise