Calorie intake

Options
This is harder than I thought and I am struggling. I am now eating three meals a day and following the food/calorie intake guidleines, but I find myself eating not enough calories and carbs and more protein. Need some suggestions on how to moderate what I am eating. The last time I lost a bunch of weight was about 7 years ago and I simply stopped eating carbs almost entirely. I want to do this the healthy way, but trying to match up calories/carbs/fat/protein is hard every day. Is it absolutely necessary to hit all 4?

Replies

• aci777
    aci777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found when I eat lean meats (turkey and chicken) it seems to help me keep my amounts equal. It was really hard at first to keep my levels equal. Now that I have been doing this since September, it is much easier to keep on track. I don't know if you found the pie charts on here. But it'll tell you how much of your intake was made up of fat, protein, and carbs. If you check the pie chart, you may even be doing better than you thought you were. I also try to drink smoothies made with non fat yogurt for the protein and low fat. Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  • JennNewStart
    Options
    I am having the same problem I am always under 600 or 800 cals a day. I am eating 3 times a day with snacks in between and still am under my calorie goal. My food diary is public so feel free to look at it. I am not sure what else to eat I been doing this for 2 weeks I feel full all the time and have not done any binge eating since I am always full and drink lots of water
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You should try to get as close as you can to all of those numbers but don't sweat the small stuff. If you're over/under by a little bit, it's not a big deal. Eventually you'll learn how to coordinate foods that match up pretty well to hitting those targets.
  • rogueriverbrat
    rogueriverbrat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It is hard to meet all the levels,I do ok on carbs but I am over sometimes on sugar just about 2 not always and I seem to go over on Proteins I think because I use a protein shot which is 26 al by itself,is it ok to go over on protein ? I don't know, You can add me as a friend if you want:)
  • pcblevins01
    Options
    Thanks - I will look at the charts. I just can't possibly eat any more. I have been eating more tracking what I eat, than I normally would so, it's just frustrating. Maybe I just need to give it a little time and see what happens.