Cabbage Soup Diet..

Options
Has anyone tried the cabbage soup diet that can comment on success rates??

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I did this for 5 days and lost 6 lbs :)

Went back to eating 1200 cals a day and kept it off x
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Seems like a good way to reach your long term goals
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit is going to have a much higher success than any fad. Always.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I left in too much cabbage and got fat
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Seems like a good way to reach your long term goals

^ This.

We'll be here waiting when you come back after you've started eating real food again and regained all the weight.

Edit: Just maintain a calorie deficit. I swear it works.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I tried it and couldn't last. Guess my will power sucks. It didn't help that I found the soup disgusting and since it's all you can eat the first day or two I just said **** it. I would rather it take slightly longer and eat the right things then be stressed and miserable and cranky.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Everyone is looking for the gimmick so that they don't have to do the one thing that works...put in consistent effort to a healthier lifestyle.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My friend's mom did this. I don't know how successful it was, but the soup is flippin delicious. I make a big pot of it from time to time to keep on hand for lunches. I wouldn't actually make it my full-time diet, though. "Fewer calories in, more calories out" works just fine for me.
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried it years ago with my husband. He lost 25 lbs. I lost 2 lbs and I was dedicated to it. So really can't answer you. It all depends on your body. Hubby lost, I didn't.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you want a boring eating plan and tons of gas - go for it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My mom tried it for a while, made me gag everytime I had to smell the soup (cabbage is blechy!!). She couldn't stick with it for the whole time, partly because she got tired of eating the soup and partly because I kept telling her it was NOT healthy to put your body through it.

For me, I prefer eating foods I actually like in proportions that are much smaller than I have in the past and making my body move more. And for long term weight loss and to keep it off I know that will work much better than cabbage.:wink:
  • leslie_lemieux
    leslie_lemieux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input..greatly appreciate it!!!!! :happy:
  • nanamary47
    nanamary47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WW has a great veggie soup recipe. Its really good and do need to put cabbage in if thats a problem for you. All you need are plenty of good veggies.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    There's only one thing I hate more than fad diets.

And that's cabbage.

This just seems like the WORST idea in the world.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I tried it and couldn't last. Guess my will power sucks. It didn't help that I found the soup disgusting and since it's all you can eat the first day or two I just said **** it. I would rather it take slightly longer and eat the right things then be stressed and miserable and cranky.

Your willpower does not suck. Your body is smarter than the fad diet and wanted actual food. That's all.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like to keep this soup on hand. It is nutritious and filling and very light. But, I don't fast on it. Just use it to satisfy me when I am really hungry. I should get a pot of it on.. cuz I have been crazy hungry lately.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

Yep I was miserable but I lost 8 gained back 11.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If you want a boring eating plan and tons of gas - go for it.

My thoughts exactly. ha
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.