Interesting tips for weight loss and fat loss

Options
Eat Breakfast. It's not just an old saying, it really is the most important meal of the day.

Pack your snacks and lunch for work, school and road trips.

Focus on lifestyle changes rather than dieting.

Set realistic goals that are measureable.

Stop making excuses. START TODAY - you can't get anything done tomorrow.

Get rid of your scale and use how your clothes fit to gauge results.

Be consistent with consistency.

Avoid crash dieting. Studies show consumption below 1200 calories force the body into starvation mode at which point your body will be working to store fat rather than burn it.

Build the new you bit by bit - don't go from all or nothing. Work at it.

Cut sugar consumption. Aim to consume less than 15 grams a day and no more than 9 grams in one sitting as that is the maximum amount of sugar the body can effectively manage at one time.

Take before and after pictures. Shoot new photos once every 4 weeks.

Be active daily even if its just a walk after dinner, mowing the lawn, cleaning house, gardening or shovelling the driveway.

Love and accept yourself now, there is only one you.

Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.

Realize weight loss is an emotional challenge, and not so much a physical one. When you change your thoughts, you change your world.

Use food as nutrition, not to soothe emotions or counteract boredom.

Enjoy the journey and be optimistic. Successful long term weight loss is the result of lifestyle changes.

Don't compete with other people. Focus on setting and breaking your own records.

Eat nutrient dense foods rather than calorie dense foods.

If you make a mistake get right back on track.

Sleep at least 7 hours a day.

Stick with it. Weight loss happens the moment you don’t give up.

Hold YOURSELF accountable. Nobody else can be responsible for you.

Make small changes until they become habits, and then make another small change.

Include strength training in your fitness program to build muscle and raise your metabolism.

Don’t beat yourself up for making a mistake. You're human. Learn from your mistakes.

Find healthy substitutes. There are lots of healthy recipes out there. Healthy food doesn't have to be boring.

Find exercise that you enjoy doing. If you don’t like it, you won’t stick with it.

Drink water and tea as much as you want!

The best time to exercise is the time that you are most likely to do it.

Lose weight because you love your body, not because you hate it.

Move towards being healthy rather than a number on the scale.

Purge your kitchen of junk food and don’t buy what you don’t plan on eating. If you buy it, you’ll eat it.

Once you are fit enough to handle a higher intensity, make sure you step it up.

Shop the perimeter of the grocery store.

Don't grocery shop on an empty stomach, and go in with a list or a plan.

Make friends with people who are into the same things as you.

Pay attention to portion sizes espcially when you're eating out.

Eat until you're satisfied, not full.

Walk, ride your bike and take the stairs wherever possible.

Aim to eat 100% real food.

Play a sport. Exercise is the best when its fun.

Never eat more than 500 calories in one sitting. A woman can effectively manage to digest 300-400 calories at once while a man can deal with 500-600.

Plan out your meals in advance.

Do something different. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got!

Portion out your food before you eat it rather than eating from the box or the bag.

Flavor your food with spice rather than sauce.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions or make requests when eating at a restaurant.

Join a good fitness program.

Sit down at a table when you eat, eat slowly and chew your food well.

Eat at home as much as possible so you have control of what you put in your mouth.

Avoid fast food all together.

Remember that 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is healthy.

A drink once in a while won't hurt, but try to limit your intake and choose lighter options such as wine and vodka drinks.

Learn the difference between hunger and cravings.

Eat all colors of foods and try new vegetables.

When it comes to calories, quality is more important that quantity.

Jump start your day by JUMPING out of bed (rather than hitting the snooze button and tossing and turning until the last minute).

Add flavor to water with lemon, lime or orange juice.

Resting your body is just as important as working your body. Make sure you get enough time off to recover between workouts.

Read the food labels of everything you buy. If you can't pronounce the ingredient, don't buy it.

Avoid diet foods. They work in the opposite way you think...

If you think you're hungry drink a tall glass of water. 8 out 10 times people mistake thirst for hunger.

Visualize yourself where you want to be. If you can see it you can believe it!

Don't eat it all - save leftovers for tomorrows lunch.

Eat more protein - it keeps you full longer, helps stabilize blood sugar and builds and maintains lean muscle tissue.

Skip the juice, its full of sugar. If you want to add flavor to water add a small shot of juice and some stevia.

Don't waste your time in the gym if you're not eating right. Results are 90% diet, you do the math.

Rather than looking forward to tomorrow, enjoy today and love yourself now. It's all you have.

When nothing changes, nothing changes. Make change now!

http://www.addictedfitness.com/kelowna/best-tips-for-weight-loss-and-fat-loss

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Well dammit if I can reward my dogs with food I can sure well reward myself with food. Whatever works!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wow....so eating 1 orange a day...or an apple.....or a banana....or strawberries.....or raspberries....or blueberries.....heck any fruit, would get you over that 15 grams of sugar a day thing....yeah...

Now if it means 15 grams of 'added' sugar....like adding a sugar cube to your coffee, then I could see that.
  • missability
    Options
    LOL, I agree with most, and follow most, but I have been faithful 100% to my organic, whole food, grass fed, etc etc.....food plan for 22 days today, and I have been planing my "free meal" day for a week....so better believe I am going to reward myself with food! Next Tuesday the 29th! and then the next meal will be right back on the food plan for another month! I LOVE PUPPIES :)
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love these, thanks!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well dammit if I can reward my dogs with food I can sure well reward myself with food. Whatever works!

Amen. I exercise more so I can eat more.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Interesting tip for weight loss:

Maintain a calorie deficit.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lose weight because you love your body, not because you hate it.

This is the BEST tip by far. LOVE IT!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "eat breakfast"
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

ditto.

i don't usually eat breakfast. and when i do, it's 4-6 hours after i wake up. hasn't held me back yet.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options

ditto.

i don't usually eat breakfast. and when i do, it's 4-6 hours after i wake up. hasn't held me back yet.

i very rarely eat breakfast also. my coffee curbs my appetite until lunch. ;]
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    NEVER eat after 6:48pm!!

*runs*
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Me too. That is my draw the line.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

ditto.

That right there.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    NEVER eat after 6:48pm!!

*runs*

Actually you have it wrong, you HAVE to ONLY eat at 6:48pm. It is the MM - or magic minute. It is the ONE time of day where calories don't matter, so if you eat within that period, you loose weight without stress.

But there IS a problem - it takes planning and dedication, and even with the strongest dedication sometimes you slip up!!! So anyway I'll have all of my food laid out on my desk like a picnic and be prepared to scarf it down, but then someone walks into my office and keeps talking and talking and I sadly watch as the MM (magic minute) passes by and my food window slams shut. I am so terribly hungry I haven't been able to catch the MM in three days and I am basically in starvation mode right now.

I think I might pass ou
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    nevermind...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

But that means you didn't get to this gem: "Never eat more than 500 calories in one sitting. A woman can effectively manage to digest 300-400 calories at once while a man can deal with 500-600. "

Edit: for maximum effect.
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Interesting tip for weight loss:

Maintain a calorie deficit.

Some of these are great, but this ^^^ is definitely the best tip for weight loss.