how long till you lost your first 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• meganjjb
    Options
    it will be 3 weeks on sunday so i know i am doing great and im already down 2 inches from my belly ! but i want that scale to move! i was hoping for 10 pounds down before the end of the month but we will see.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    About 3 months.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    about 3 and a half months. but it all depends on how much you weigh, how you are eating, how your exercise is, etc etc etc
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    4 months. 1 pound per week is great. 7 lbs in 3 weeks is excellent. Congrats on your success so far
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds per week.... a bit more on some weeks, but on average it took ten weeks for the first 20.
    As I went along, it takes more time to lose now....
    No rush. I got the rest of my life!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    2 weeks or so.

*disclaimer* I was a huge sweaty 337 pound mass of ermagerd when I started. That shouldn't be expected for all. No, there weren't secrets / fads / pills / magic beans / magic bullets / Dr.Oz involved either.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    About six months - lost 14 in my first 12 weeks and 7 in the second 12 weeks. Now I'm down another 10-15 and have been maintaining for about 3 years!
  • negrita40
    negrita40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a healthy weight loss. I've lost weight faster, and then bounced right back... and higher
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position you are I'm down 8 and in the middle of my 3rd week. I don't look any different but I certainly feel better even if it is only 8lbs.
  • AD20878
    AD20878 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    About 3 months for me.
  • meganjjb
    Options
    ive got 100 to lose to be at my ultimate goal weight.. so i do have it to lose!! my small goal is to lose 50 before summer
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    7 weeks. but, I have much to lose. This next 20 has been a real slooowwwww deal.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    About 5 months, but the total weight I needed to lose was 30 lbs. Be patient! It's worth it!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I lost 24 lbs the first 10 weeks. Then it slowed down a lot from there.

No worries. As long as you are committed and as consistent as possible you will get results.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It took me around four months, but I have insulin resistance, so my weight loss is slow compared to other people over 300 pounds. Most of the 300+ people who started when I did (April) have lost twice as much as I have.
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am at day #25 and down 22 pounds... :bigsmile:
  • Emily3456
    Emily3456 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds since April. It's slow going, but I feel like I'm doing it in a way that I will be able to maintain and I can also go out and have some fun without completely falling off the wagon.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    At least six months. :) But I had 50 to lose so it was a slow process for me.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    a year... yup, sure did :blushing: But then I lost another 20 over the next six months and no matter HOW long it takes it IS coming off :drinker:

You inspired me.... Makes me feel better and I only need to loose 30lbs might push for 40lbs ... Thanks

You are welcome!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    4 months total. :) it feels good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!