I have a FITBIT..

Options
Hey,

I'm so excited that I got a fitbit for my birthday. I think it may need to be moved from my bra though as according to my fitbit I've taken over 16,000 steps. I do walk a lot but I'm concerned that sometimes I may take one step but my boobs take 2........!!!! :laugh:

Replies

• ksfmcdaniel
    ksfmcdaniel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    haha! I had that problem, too, and especially with it tracking steps while I was driving - one day when I drove across the state it said I'd walked over 12,000 steps! ]

I'd try it in another place - if you had it on your strap, maybe try close to the center of your bra, just off just a little on one side?
  • OriginalRedfishMan
    Options
    Bumps in a car can definitely be counted as steps, regardless of location. If you want the steps to be more accurate you can adjust your measured gait up or down in setup.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bumps in the car are counted as steps because how is the fitbit to know any different unless you tell it? On the fitbit website you can log an 'activity' as transport, it has various options such as 'car, driving' and 'car, passenger' (obviously you burn more calories if you're actually controlling the vehicle). Once you've logged that, you'll see an adjustment accordingly.

I often put my fitbit on my bra but it's either on the middle of the band between the cups, or on a shoulder strap, neither of which jiggle when I move (and I do have a fair amount to jiggle) so you could try that. :)
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I put mine on the side of the cup, and the top nearer my armpit!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Have had mine since last spring and LOVE IT!!! I find it pretty darn accurate too.....anyone who wants a buddy for encouragement/competition, feel free to add me here and on fitbit (my profile is http://www.fitbit.com/user/22TFTX) good luck!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Fitbit buddies too :)

Feel free to add me!

http://www.fitbit.com/user/235HTM
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm so excited that I got a fitbit for my birthday. I think it may need to be moved from my bra though as according to my fitbit I've taken over 16,000 steps. I do walk a lot but I'm concerned that sometimes I may take one step but my boobs take 2........!!!! :laugh:

In engineering parlance we call that 'tortional vibration in three dimensions":laugh:
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fitbit users, for Christmas I got a fitbit one and I love it!! I was just wondering if there is a way to change the reset time from midnight? I stay up late most nights, cleaning (no fun) or doing exercises after the kids go to bed. I thought maybe you could change the reset time, to say, when I wake up? Thanks so much for any help.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fitbit users, for Christmas I got a fitbit one and I love it!! I was just wondering if there is a way to change the reset time from midnight? I stay up late most nights, cleaning (no fun) or doing exercises after the kids go to bed. I thought maybe you could change the reset time, to say, when I wake up? Thanks so much for any help.

I don't think it's designed for you to be able to change the time but you could maybe tell it you're in a different time zone? Maybe figure out which time zone would be at midnight at whatever time you usually wake up and tell fitbit that's where you are?
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitbit user, too.

http://www.fitbit.com/user/22XQMB

I feel lost when I forget it at home (like today!). I have noticed sometimes I get floors that I didn't actual climb when I walk uphill, but I think it may be counting the incline. Whatever the case, I love my fitbit!!!!
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol!! I wear mine between the cups and LOVE IT!! Wear it there for a few days and then on your waist and see if there is a huge difference. Good Luck!!
  • Pamelaaaaaa
    Options
    I just bought a fitbit today. I'm very excited. I'm ready to go full force with the weight loss. :)
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I received my fit bit as a gift on january 1st.....love it.
    I wear mine in my bra cup....in stead of clipping it on.

Looking for fit bit & my fitness pal friends as well :)
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't work out how to add friends on fitbit....:embarassed:

I'm user 24CCW3................help!!!!