how long till you lost your first 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I went from 230 to 210 over 8-10 weeks, but I wasn't working out as consistently as I am now and I was eating crap. For me the intake is more important to concentrate on than the output. I'm hoping to lose my last 30 by mid March.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It really all depends. Everyone is different. And it greatly depends on how much you are over weight. For example, someone starting at with 50lbs to lose will obviously lose more than someone who has 30lbs to lose.

All you can do is your best. The rest is up to your body.

Just make sure you are eating right ( and enough) and drinking plenty of water. These things are the most important and make up about 80% of the whole battle.

I think 7lbs in 3 weeks is a great number! Sounds like you're right on track. :)
  • pigmartianpig
    Options
    1 to 1.5 lbs a week is totally healthy. Too much too fast isn't good. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm down 10 in 6 weeks. 7 in 3 weeks is awesome!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The first month I lost 20 lbs. Then again, I was 260+ also
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It took 5 months for my first 20. I was (and still am) aiming for 1 lb per week, so it was expected.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds before a month hit, but it took 3 months to lose 20 pounds... But the weightloss eventually slows down... Now it takes me about three months to lose 10 pounds.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    4-5 weeks, But was 240 at that particular starting point. Your skin can't keep up with weight loss like that though :(
  • hmaddy84
    Options
    it only took me 4 weeks... however, I am going through a divorce... this isnt the norm nor is it ideal for anyone.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I am on week two and lost 5 pounds. Idealy you want to lose about 1 pound a week..that's the healthy way to do it..but if you lose faster than that, then awesome! I'm predicting it's probably going to take me at least 3 month..as long as I keep up my exercise and choosing fruits, veggies and nuts as snacks. Good luck with everything :smile:
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Only? I lost a pound a week. Ive lost around 15 and gained like 2 back that's muscle. The slower you lose is the healthiest and it will be harder for it to come back.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    A year and a half!! lol :laugh:
  • SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Between 12 and 13 weeks. But, everyone loses at different paces. Just keep going. You are doing great so far!
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread! I have been yo-yo-ing for the past 5 years and I have never dropped 20 lbs at one time, I have always quit before I got there. This is very motivational!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 lbs in 6 weeks, but that was exercise alone. I then started logging my food and lost 15 lb in the following 6 weeks.

Take your time and let it drift away, good luck with your endeavours :happy:

Andy
  • meganjjb
    Options
    thanks for all your input everyone! slow and steady is right and is what is healthy i need to keep on working my butt off and stay with it :) i am 100% happy with how far i have come and can not believe i have been faithful to 6 days a week for 3 weeks already! ive always been the quitter and would stop after a few days .. let me tell you that i feel amazing i love love love the 30 day shred i already notice a big difference and i fit into jeans that havnt fit in a couple years.. once in a while i just need a little kick in the rear to keep moving :)
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 8 months and I've lost 15... I can let you know how long it takes me to lose the next 5 when I get there :)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i am in my 3rd week of working out and i am only down 7 pounds i was wondering how long it took most of you to lose your first 20 pounds?

That's pefect progress!!!! Keep it up

I lost 20lbs in 10 weeks (2 lbs a week like clockwork)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 20 within 3 months by walking and jogging and watching what I ate and I continued losing by kepping this up. I have been maintaining my weight for over a year now.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    This time around -- about 4 years. But hey! Progress is progress. I'm sure I can keep that 20 pounds off, no problem.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    like 3 months. I lost on average 2 pounds a week till i hit 30 pounds then it slowed a little and now that i am above 40 its down to about .5 a week if that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!