Interesting tips for weight loss and fat loss

Options
13»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I think I'll keep my tips to myself. My secrets!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You might wanna preface this with - here are some good ideas that may or may not work for you LMAO

Or, perhaps, "here are some mostly good ideas that may or may not work for you, although several may not be based on actual science."

Agreed. Some good points and some not too good points..lol
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    TL; DR
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Never eat more than 500 calories in one sitting. A woman can effectively manage to digest 300-400 calories at once while a man can deal with 500-600.

Lollercoaster, wouldn't that be a good thing if you ate more then, you'd just pass it I suppose and it wouldn't be stored?

Indeed. I'm going to eat one meal each day, of at least 3000 calories, for the next year...and yet, since I'll only be absorbing 500-600 calories, I will likely find myself in actual starvation mode.

Mind.

Blown.

:noway:

Seems legit. What happens to all the extra calories I eat at each meal then? By this logic I can go to McDonald's and eat everything on the menu, but not worry about any of the calories past the first cheeseburger? Huh...

*runs to car*

Wait...don't go yet, you forgot to read the part about giving up all fast food.

What if I tell them to nuke it a little longer....does that mean it's no longer "fast" food?
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I printed this out great tips and I llike your ticker. Thanks for the info
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well dammit if I can reward my dogs with food I can sure well reward myself with food. Whatever works!

I agree with this. The whole "don't reward yourself with food" concept for me is back to the old concept of good and bad foods. I firmly believe in a diet in the traditional sense (the Panda eats a diet of shoots and leaves) not in the sense of a crash diet so I'm not going to cut chocolate, crisps, pizza and beer out of my diet, I'll just end up quitting the diet to eat them. I have kept them in my diet but I'm eating and drinking them in a more sensible moderation now instead.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Interesting tip for weight loss:

Maintain a calorie deficit.

^^^ THIS
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    A drink once in a while won't hurt, but try to limit your intake and choose lighter options such as wine and vodka drinks.

Um, I'll stick with beer. When I want to be "light", I'll have a whisky...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Eat Breakfast. It's not just an old saying, it really is the most important meal of the day.

NO
    Take before and after pictures. Shoot new photos once every 4 weeks.

try every four days WHAT? yeah baby

skips a bunch of common sense bullets
    Sleep at least 7 hours a day.

try "Get enough sleep."
    Stick with it. Weight loss happens the moment you don’t give up.

If something still isnt working after several months, dont keep doing it. You know the definition of insane. Also - if you do something forever, you get hyper efficient at it - then it doesnt change your body anymore. thumbs down.
    Include strength training in your fitness program to build muscle and raise your metabolism.

weights that weigh less than your purse... ponder that for a bit too.... why would women be told to not lift heavy weights, when everyone knows moms carry 60 pounds on their hip for like 8 years.
    Find exercise that you enjoy doing. If you don’t like it, you won’t stick with it.

If you find something you hate, master it - sometimes spending time getting good at something will make you love it. Sometimes being really bad at something shows you exactly where you need improvement.

If you find yourself always avoiding things you dont like, remind yourself that if you want a different life and different results that usual and actual change, you wont get there by continuing to only do the things you like.

When nothing changes, nothing changes. Make change now!

insert epic facepalm
    Once you are fit enough to handle a higher intensity, make sure you step it up.

Get fit enough to handle a higher intensity. Always train for your next workout, never train to stay where you are. :):flowerforyou:

When nothing changes, nothing changes. Make change now!
    Exercise is the best when its fun.

Exercise is best when it gets done, but also, on a technicality, its also better for you when you're bad at it and getting better.
    Never eat more than 500 calories in one sitting. A woman can effectively manage to digest 300-400 calories at once while a man can deal with 500-600.

tumblr_mezpqkye1r1ra7ler.gif

just ignore that one
    Plan out your meals in advance.

Portion out your food before you eat it rather than eating from the box or the bag.

Flavor your food with spice rather than sauce.

Sit down at a table when you eat, eat slowly and chew your food well.

Eat at home as much as possible so you have control of what you put in your mouth.

Avoid fast food all together.

if that's your thing, doesnt work for everyone. Not everyone getting fit or losing weight has food or eating issues, control issues, there's nothing wrong with fast food, nothing wrong with sauce, nothing wrong with eating on the go - most of this is personal preference or geared toward those with eating control issues.
    Remember that 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is healthy.

but not sustainable
    A drink once in a while won't hurt, but try to limit your intake and choose lighter options such as wine and vodka drinks.

personal preference
    Read the food labels of everything you buy. If you can't pronounce the ingredient, don't buy it.

according to certain kinds of special diets
    If you think you're hungry drink a tall glass of water. 8 out 10 times people mistake thirst for hunger.

If you think you're hungry, eat. Just dont do if you're bored. If you're bored or its a 'this time of day' habit, try the glass of water thing. Start learning what your body is telling you - listen to her, instead of always trying to find new ways of shutting her up. maybe youre hungry all the time cause youre trying to live on 1200 calories and its not enough for ya?
    Don't eat it all - save leftovers for tomorrows lunch.

Sometimes you can eat it all, depends on how much you start with :)
    Skip the juice, its full of sugar. If you want to add flavor to water add a small shot of juice and some stevia.

O_O no - personal preference again
    Don't waste your time in the gym if you're not eating right. Results are 90% diet, you do the math.

YOU JUST SAID NOT TO ADOPT AN ALL OR NOTHING ATTITUDE.

but ok, I can play here too - two different kinds of results.

-you just wanna lose weight and dont care what your body looks like - sure - dont even bother going to the gym. Just change your diet. My results have been 90% gym cause I still wont change how I eat, I just eat more of everything.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

Never? Never, ever, ever, ever? Not even on my birthday?
    Add flavor to water with lemon, lime or orange juice.
    but
    Skip the juice, its full of sugar. If you want to add flavor to water add a small shot of juice and some stevia.
    Juice or not?

There are some good tips there, but it's a bit hit and miss.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lost me at this one: Don't waste your time in the gym if you're not eating right. Results are 90% diet, you do the math.

So, if you're not on point with your diet, don't even bother exercising? :huh:

This.

Because exercising for your health is SUCH a waste of time... only bother exercising if your on a PROPER diet...

1290449_o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Lost me at this one: Don't waste your time in the gym if you're not eating right. Results are 90% diet, you do the math.

So, if you're not on point with your diet, don't even bother exercising? :huh:

This.

Because exercising for your health is SUCH a waste of time... only bother exercising if your on a PROPER diet...

1290449_o.gif

You know, I've seen that phrasing "if you're not on point with your diet, don't even bother exercising" so much the past month. That's so wrong and I hope no one follows that - especially when you are first starting out. That's just setting yourself up for a fail.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Eat Breakfast. It's not just an old saying, it really is the most important meal of the day.

Aim to consume less than 15 grams a day and no more than 9 grams in one sitting as that is the maximum amount of sugar the body can effectively manage at one time.

Aim to eat 100% real food.

Sit down at a table when you eat, eat slowly and chew your food well.

Avoid fast food all together.

Remember that 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is healthy.

When it comes to calories, quality is more important that quantity.

If you can't pronounce the ingredient, don't buy it.

Don't waste your time in the gym if you're not eating right. Results are 90% diet, you do the math.

NO

Such a shame...it had quite a few good things on the list, only to be ruined.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    interesting....
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    hmm.!! beautifully written ...:)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I agree with a lot of them. Not this one. I've proved this wrong 10 times over.