Eating Chik-fil-A for lunch

Options
Enjoying the original chicken sandwich and a bottle of water. No fries or sauces today! I have to say, now that I'm using MFP correctly it reminds me a lot of weight watchers. Enjoying our fast food filled world isn't a sin, it just shouldn't be a common practice.

Do you have any favorite "bad foods" that you enjoy now and then?

#yum

Replies

• ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    taco bell, chick-fil-a, sushi (my favorite roll is deep fried :P ), starbucks, arbys
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    SUSHI!!!!!! OMG! it's my ultimate WEAKNESS!!!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    OMG, I LOVE Cick-fil-As! Don't have them near where I live, though, so I only get to have them on road trips. Last one was a year ago, bit I can almost taste it. I don't care if these are bad for you or not, they are worth every calorie-filled mouthful!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love sushi too, and desserts! Haven't had either in quite some time. Since Christmas. Still not having dessert, but maybe a sushi trip is in order for my next cheat meal.....
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love Chic-fil-A !!
    Another favorite is Carl's Jr. I actually like the turkey burgers more than the regular beef ones. I just wish their fries weren't so delicious but I haven't had any in weeks.
  • Yaxomoxay
    Yaxomoxay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every Friday Chick-fil-a chargrilled sandwich + bacon, no cheese. In addition four nuggets. No fries and I drink water.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    all food is good food! but ice cream and pizza top the list
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    all food is good food! but ice cream and pizza top the list

Second^^ Third^^ All in favor say IIIIIIIII!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I actually had mine today for lunch...the pub calls them "brewhouse fries"...cracked pepper fries with cheese & bacon pieces then drizzled with BBQ sauce....I ordered the 1/2 size and only ate 1/2 of them :P !!! I am finally learning the portion control thing...it just isn't worth getting stuffed with junk then trying to work it all off! MODERATION is my new key! LOL I got to have the goodies and now I don't feel guilty about it either!
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pizza for me as well. The thicker the crust the better. :-/
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love Chik-fil-A? It's awesome. I found some pizza that isn't too bad calorie-wise.
    Domino's - Artisan Pizza - Chicken & Bacon Carbonara is only about 150 / slice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    I have to drive an hour to get a Chik-fil-A sandwich. Man I miss just eating it once a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I get the 6 nugget kids meal and it's 280 cals I think - I know it's under 300 and might be closer to 200. It's just enough :-)

Sushi isn't necessarily bad, it just depends on what it is. One of my favorite rolls is so bad but so good - it's a fried shrimp roll with rare filet Mignon on top with the spicy sauce (read: mayo) - it's called a Power Roll. I was surprised that Kani salad was pretty healthy. Negiri and especially Sashimi are pretty good for you. But that roll ... ::drool::
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    oh gosh... that original chicken sandwich is so greasy and delicious.
    i used to eat it with coleslaw, fries, and polynesian sauce.
    something magical happens when they put those pickles on there.
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A glass or two of wine is generally my indulgence. Or going out to brunch with friends.

I don't eat junk food at all anymore (unless I have no other option) because I always feel guilty and can't enjoy it. I'm a pretty good cook though so I still eat tasty food pretty regularly.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have to drive an hour to get a Chik-fil-A sandwich. Man I miss just eating it once a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I didn't think there were any Chik-fil-A places even that close to us here in SF. Where is it, out of curiosity?
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    yes, fried chicken or fried fish with mild sauce. Every so often I'll have it... But I scratch the fries!
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pizza, pizza, and pizza. Did I say pizza?

Lol, I am treating myself this weekend to my favorite place, eight inch pepperoni w/ extra cheese (gots to have lots o cheese!!) Imma count like 900 for it and divide it between lunch and dinner. Soooo worth it. I'll just throw in some apples and such for my remaining calories.
  • ashprather
    Options
    mmm pizza! another favorite! also ice cream... :)
  • ashprather
    Options
    oh! and in n out! :D
This discussion has been closed.