2»

Replies

• MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jgrotjahn
    Options
    that sounds good and easy to do. When you say "Tub", what does that mean; 5oz+?
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Freshly squeezed orange with a splash of balsamic vinegar. If you want it to stick to your lettuce, a spritz or two of spray olive oil will do the trick.

I love this dressing, had it last night without the oil and will be having it tonight as well..yum!!
  • roxxie25
    roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love all of these ideas. I sometimes just squeeze lemon juice onto my salads.
  • greenroboto
    Options
    I use Mrs. Dash with tabasco (because I love hot sauce) or low sodium soy sauce. Mrs. Dash has no calories, carbs or sodium so I basically put it on everything. There's quite a few flavors. My favorites are the tomato and basil or the garlic and herbs. Hope this helps~
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Look for low-cal dressings, or if you have a favorite you just can't live without, measure it out to its serving size, put your salad in a to-go box, pour your dressing onto the salad, close the lid, and shake it around. It evenly disperses the dressing, and you won't be eating globs of dressing. You'll still taste the dressing and not the lettuce, depending on how thick the dressing is. Try it out sometime.
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    Try a salad that doesnt have lettuce - I'm actually not a huge fan of it either.

My fave salad is a handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 diced avocado, diced red pepper and/or cucumber and sprinkle some feta on top with a bit of balsamic vinegar and that's it!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Homemade Mayo (which is far better in nutritional values than the store bought stuff) would be a good alternative. I love a dab of mayo in a salad rather than dressing. But that's of course just my wild wacky way of eating.
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I looooove the Kraft Calorie Wise dressings, esp. the Italian at 5 cals. per tablespoon. Like you, I have to drown my salad greens, and with this stuff, I can!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Salsa is good on romaine. I also like the Ken's Steakhouse Light Northern Italian Dressing - only 45 cals for 2 tablespoons.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I add diced avocado and then season with Tony Chacheres' seasoning. No dressing needed as the avocado creates the creaminess and the Tony's provides the flavor.

My hubby just adds salt and pepper...
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Also, I use this for veggie dip, but it could be used as salad dressing as well...instead of ranch dressing, buy a 6 oz. cup of Chobani plain Greek yogurt, and mix 1 packet of Ranch seasoning into it. For one tablespoon it is about 35 calories. It's super yummy & much healthier.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This isn't a full-on alternative but I take my favorite salad dressings and use 1tbsp and then mix with 2 tbsp of water. It coats whatever I put it on, gives me the flavor I love with only have the calories.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Try a salad that doesnt have lettuce - I'm actually not a huge fan of it either.

My fave salad is a handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 diced avocado, diced red pepper and/or cucumber and sprinkle some feta on top with a bit of balsamic vinegar and that's it!

^great idea
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I bought a white sesame ginger balsamic vinegar that tastes sweet and amazing by itself and is only 15 calories a tbsp 0g fat and 3g carbs. It was pricey but I can't imagine ever going back to regular salad dressing again!!
  • es214
    es214 Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow, just seen all these replies! awesome!

I tried the Greek yogurt mixed with Ranch seasoning.. it was ok, not something I'd eat often, but definitely a good option to have. Can't wait to try some of these other ones!
  • leighaclark00
    Options
    I use apple cider vinger (low carb) and actually good for your organs! taste so nice on top of salads