Gyro Sauce

Options
A friend and I have been looking for a recipe for the sauce that goes on gyros. Please any help would be appriciated. We don't want to have to buy the entier kit just for the sauce. We'd like to keep it as label free as possible. Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    the sauce is called tzatziki..and pretty healthy...mine is usually greek yogurt..with dill salt..pepper...lemon juice...we live by a place that makes it fresh..so rather than make it..we buy it..
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    And cucumbers. Don't forget the cucumbers.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I grate cucumber in mine! Greek yogurt, finely shredded cucumber (shred it in a bowl and then squeeze the liquid out), minced dill, squirt of lemon and some salt & pepper! It's so noms.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    ^ yep tzatziki is what you want, it's easy and quick to make. Adding some fresh mint to gyros makes it really tasty too!
  • Nickyali
    Nickyali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you check out Allrecipes.com, you'll find a couple of good ones. I use half greek yogurt, half sour cream, dill, salt and pepper, shredded cucumber, and a little lemon juice. Chill it in the fridge for awhile and you'll have a wonderful tzatziki sauce.