Latest Before-and-Current: 90 pounds down so far WITH PIC!

Options

Replies

• gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow - I was just in the process of beating myself up for being so glacially slow in losing weight, exercising regularly, and posting the food amounts when I found your Before/After post. What an inspiration! Thanks for showing and proving that slow and steady wins. I am moved by your progress and positive spirit.
  • xoxerinxox
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congratulations :)
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Eat something will ya?? Great job!

LOL! :) Oh believe me, I am. :)
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing and very good and kind advise
  • tidesong
    Options
    You have done an awesome job!! It is so encouraging to hear from someone that has worked hard and accomplished what you have. It is more encouraging to hear from someone that has chosen not to go the surgery route. There is nothing wrong with the ones that have chosen this route but it is not for everyone and stories like yours give all us so much encouragement!

Thank you! There are many ways to reach the final destination of a goal weight. For some people, surgery is the best option for them, and I do not fault anyone for choosing that route if their doctor agrees with them. I considered it for a long time. But I have other medical issues, and my neurologist flat out told me that the stress that type of surgery would place on the body could potentially be bad for my MS...in that it could possibly cause a relapse. So he strongly suggested I not go that route. So I didn't, and it took me a few years after that to finally decide to kick myself in the butt again and get moving! I honestly did not believe that controlling one's caloric intake and moving one's bum was truly enough for most people to lose weight. It takes a HELL of a lot of work, as we all know. But for most people (barring any kind of thyroid issues or other issues), it DOES work, if done with diligence.
  • tidesong
    Options
    Wow - I was just in the process of beating myself up for being so glacially slow in losing weight, exercising regularly, and posting the food amounts when I found your Before/After post. What an inspiration! Thanks for showing and proving that slow and steady wins. I am moved by your progress and positive spirit.

You're very welcome. I wish I would have seen something similar when I started. But this is definitely a marathon and not a sprint! We're in it for the long haul, and as I'm sure many people have said...it takes a long time to put on this much weight, and it will take a long time to (safely) shed it as well. Slow and steady really does win the race. It's best for our bodies, and the best way to keep it off, too. So don't beat yourself up! Just stay the course. *hugs*
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Well done and WELL SAID! You speak the truth! Congratulations!
  • BeautifullyHuman123
    Options
    This made my day, thank you very much for posting! I may not know you, but am EXTREMELY proud of you.

I've been beating myself up over the last few months over not loosing weight and 'bending' on foods eaten...you're words of inspiration: "Don't beat yourself up" were well received.
  • tidesong
    Options
    I'm really glad my words are helping! I wish I'd seen something similar when I was starting out...so I figured I would put it out there for others!
  • sunnysulani
    Options
    You look so beautiful! I just joined and I'm reading through here for inspiration. You are truly inspiring.
  • tidesong
    Options
    Aw, thank you!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You rock so hard. Great job! :)
  • tidesong
    Options
    Thank you! Here's to continued success for us all!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and having you to incourage me on here is really fantastic. Keep it up!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Good for you! You look great.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Bump... you look great!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing! I'm sure you feel the same! :drinker:

Rule #1 is my favorite :heart:
  • snelson1966
    snelson1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats and your advice is very well said, thanks
  • purplepaisley7
    Options
    Great job! Your advice is very encouraging! Thanks!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    As some have already said, you are a ROCK STAR! Great job and great tips. Thanks for sharing your journey. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!