New and wondering is it really possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    you should take a look at some of the success stories. I am older than you and have more to lose, but I believe it is possible.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    YES IT ISSSSS. You can do it. Believe me you can. Just take one step and then another and before you know it you will be 5 lbs lighter and then 10 and, well you know the rest. You can add me if you like. MFP is an awesome tool for weight loss, staying healthy and changing your life. Try it. You will like it. I will send a friend request your way.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    all i can say is ........ HELL YES!!!!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you believe you can, then definitely! It's a lot of hard work though, but totally worth it!!

Read this if you want an idea of what to expect:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like
  • baezsuhail
    Options
    HI, I have been here before but have not really taken it seriously. It was just another app on my phone. I just turned 34 and have diabetes and I know I need to make a change in my life, not to loose weight (although who am I kidding, that is the plan) but to learn how to eat healthier, not so much junk food. My problem is that I get discouraged easily. I have read lots of success stories so I know it is possible but can I do it? That is my real challenge!
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57 pounds and I am 49. It IS possible! But I felt the same way when I started. Don't go too low on calories, and I had to watch carbs. Oh, I eat carbs, just nowhere near what I used to. You'll figure it out.

Myfitnesspal is the best tool I've ever used for weight loss, because as long as you're logging every day and honestly, you'll see where your issues are and be able to correct them.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and scared! I am a 41 year old female who is 60 pounds overweight. Is it possible for a woman my age to lose 60 lbs? I don't ask this out of stupidity but out of concern and repeated failure. I want to do this but I know I need support and motivation! Is this a good community for this?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Of course it's possible!! I can't see any reason why anyone would think it's not...?!

You're probably scared of failing, nothing wrong with failing....as long as you pick yourself up and start again.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It is possible with the right mindset and motivation! Feel free to add me! I love new friends!
  • roxy2903
    Options
    Hi, I am also new here and am 39, You can do it :)
    It wont be easy, sometimes it will be a struggle but perservere and you will do it little by little.
    Good Luck :)
  • babybeijing
    Options
    just check the success stories :D
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, and I've lost 46 pounds so far. Sometimes the loss is slower than others', but I'm still losing. :)
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !
    This program has been the eyeopener I needed to make it happen. My portions and snacks are what killed me...this helps keeps me honest as I log EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. If you are ready to be honest with yourself this is the perfect place to find support---everyone here is great (and sometimes brutally honest-so beware). I am 40--have been on for 3 weeks tomorrow and am already down 7 #...this is the fastest I've ever dropped weight and I am at 1600 calories a day.....working out 5 days a week. If I can do it so can you (provided you are ready!)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose. I am 45 y/o & it tends to come off more slowly for us women of a certain age. It has taken me close to a 1 yr to lose 30lbs.