Holy Moly, I remember that...

Options

Replies

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    One of my friends had this, and I was soooo jealous.

JerroldRemoteControl.jpg

Interestingly my daughter gets to play dodgeball at school. She's 6.
    Dang! I just posted this one! I thought I was going to be the first one. We had one!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4960778202515684&pid=15.1
  • nightengale7
    Options
    th?id=H.4578337223803639&pid=15.1
  • nightengale7
    Options
    th?id=H.4980066936686188&pid=15.1
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    bump
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

I used to be the best fashion designer!
    I still have mine in the attic :heart:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

I loved fashion plates! I remember the Christmas of '82 when Cabbage Patch Dolls were THE toy of the year and hard to get your hands on. I was scared to death of Teddy Ruxpin. Pissed my Kimberly doll's roller skates didn't come off. Oddly enough, I wasn't scared of Vicki from Small Wonder. How did she not give me nightmares? Prolly the unbelievably bad acting. Purple Pieman from Strawberry Shortcake scared me to death, I thought he would kidnap me in real life. I loved Poochie and Rainbow Brite. I remember when the Challenger exploded we were watching in my 3rd grade class and we got sent home early and I cried the whole way home. I remember Micheal Jackson's catching on fire. I remember having a tv similar to the one posted above. No remote. A dial to turn the channels. We didn't have cable, just like 5 or 6 channels. (I thought the snowy picture was spiders.) I remember old school strawberry shortcake, care bears, and my little ponies. They used to be way better. My fave tv shows were Out of This World (I always wanted to freeze frame just like the paint can falling in the theme song montage!!!) and of course Punky Brewster (remember the episode where Henry's studio caught fire or the one when Cherry almost dies playing hide and seek in an old fridge? Talk about high drama for the elementary school set! I loved going to my friend Julie's house where they had cable to watch Double Dare on Nickelodeon. I remember the little black combs we got on picture day at school and the photographer always calling me Peaches, looking back I think he was creepy. Oh my gosh I remember when I HAD to have a Caboodle when I wasnt even allowed to wear cosmetics yet. I kept my bonne belle lip gloss and Loves Babysoft in it. I remember PRETTY COOL, HUH t-shirts/bumper stickers (i had a water bottle and black sunglasses with the hot pink ear pieces.) I remember the summer before junior high every girl using Sun-In to get that beachy blonde look. My highlights aren't blonde so my hair turned copper like Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life. I remember when every cool girl wore the new Exclamation! perfume and my mom wouldn't let me cuz she said I'd smell like a cheap *kitten*. If I hadn't had an Esprit bag, B.U.M. equipment newspaper sweatshirt, and hyper-color tee shirt that year I prolly woulda died. Oh, and you HAD to use Helene Curtis Salon Selectives hair products, duh. And rat your bangs and curl them up so they were like 4 inches high. At least. NKOTB, nuff said. Keds, leather bomber jackets with the world map silky lining, Guess jeans. Before that, Jordache jeans or pastel colored E.J.Gitano jeans and LA Gear tennis shoes with 2 colors of laces. And didja peg your jeans and wear 2 pairs of scrunch socks (alternating top and bottom) like DJ on Full House? I was in love with Kirk Cameron, Scott Baio, and Chad Allen. I wanted to be Molly Ringwald. I liked any movie with the 2 Coreys. Remember Video Art you could draw on the tv? I can still sing the Barbie and the Rockers song. Did u watch the Beverly Hills Teens cartoon, and did u just want a limo with a hot tub soooo bad? Schoolhouse Rock, Gummy Bears, Snorks, and the Mr. T cartoon on Saturday morning. I miss the Toys R Us commercial jingle, I don't wanna grow up...
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The bigger question here is: Do you remember how these two are related...?

age-test-cassette-tape-pencil.jpg

Lmao I so remember this
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    SpirographBox86.jpg

candy-cigarettes1.jpg

OMG, the candy cigarettes....I totally forgot those. I looked so very cool pretending to smoke them!!!!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    fresh-prince-of-bel-air.jpg

You don't have to miss this - its still on some channels!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    false?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
    ACK!! This at an even older job, circa 1985. It was how we loaded the daily data processing programs. The service guys who came out to repair the punch card reader when it (frequently) broke down had literally been brought back out of retirement by IBM just to keep the dinosaurs running!

OMG, the old IBM 129 - that brings back memories, of my very first job. I was 16, working nights at an insurance company..
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember this?

522875_zpsb9361206.jpg

Yup, that's the Frito Bandito!!

Pulled from advertising for being racist.. PC was setting in..
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    old-cell-phones.jpg
    that silver phone was my very first phone... the nokia
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Doug, Tamigachi, the original powerangers, when SNL was good, slap bracelets, slap bracelets getting banned, when getting a kids tv dinner with chicken strips mac and cheese AND a brownie was like hitting the jackpot, dodgeball was still acceptable in schools and the spice girls were the ****.

this
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options
    smoke n the bandit

ta-history-19.jpg
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Doug, Tamigachi, the original powerangers, when SNL was good, slap bracelets, slap bracelets getting banned, when getting a kids tv dinner with chicken strips mac and cheese AND a brownie was like hitting the jackpot, dodgeball was still acceptable in schools and the spice girls were the ****.

This
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    th?id=H.4959893449081206&pid=1.7&w=213&h=154&c=7&rs=1

Rememeber this? I still have mine and it works!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    spirograph%5B1%5D.jpg
    We totally still have one of these at my house.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember this?

522875_zpsb9361206.jpg

Yup, that's the Frito Bandito!!

Pulled from advertising for being racist.. PC was setting in..

Yep. And specifically a very cool pencil eraser in the shape of the Frito Bandito. I had one of these and so wish I still had it!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

Holy Crap! I had one of those. I forgot all about that.