Insanity plus weight lifting?

Options
I am on day 5 of Insanity and I am enjoying it very much but I also miss the gym....Would insanity and 3 days a week of strength training be too much? I am a student and I don't work so most of the time I am sitting down in front of the computer or reading. I would just like more activity within the day than just 30 minutes of insanity.

Replies

• Oceandaydreamz
    Options
    Congrats on making it to day 5 of Insanity !!! I have and love the Program but injured my ankle so I am still doing it but not every day. I found that I missed the gym too and the strength training so I asked a trainer at my gym and he said that he used Insanity for his cardio workouts and did strength training at the gym.

What ever works for you as long as you eating enough calories and listening to your body as far as doing too much.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    assuming you are going to try to strive to go 100% in each...unless you plan on eating 5000 calories a day, you wont be optimal in either. That being said, if you want to go 100% in each and you do eat lets say 5000 calories a day, you may not actually gain any weight!