Best basic (classic) Pilates DVDs/books?

Options
Looking for something with very precise instructions, solid cuing, excellent demonstrations, to learn Pilates fundamentals from.

Not interested in Yogilates, Pilates-box, anything like that, or even a ball.

I need to reeducate my whole body and really work on stabilizing things. Something with a rehab focus is more the ticket. Straight mat stuff, ideally.

DVD preferred, but also grateful for recs for really well-written books (ie, that cover the important things thoroughly, use good metaphors, have good pics, etc).

Replies

• flint3000
    flint3000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I liked Mari Windsor videos. As I improved, I really enjoyed Brooke Siler's book "The Pilates Body". It gives great descriptions of body alignment and breathing. Sometimes it's nice to work through the mat sequence on your own. I add harder videos to switch things up when I need to.
  • skcrossley
    skcrossley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, this isn't "classic" but I bought the DVD and love it. Even my boyfriend agrees its a great workout, easy to follow, fun, and effective. It's Cassey Ho POP Pilates. Her website is blogilates.com and the DVD is around $20. Excellent workout, energetic instructor, and every day this workout gets easier for me (meaning i can perform moves better) which means it's working. It is all mat, and all using body weight.