Have a Sense of Humor

Options
I'm finding that a sense of humor is important in getting fit. While much of the lifestyle changes require serious commitment to make, an opportunity to laugh is really valuable.

What has happened on your road to fitness that was unexpected and just made you laugh?

I'll start. The other day I decided to soak in the tub after a particularly taxing bicycle ride. When I was getting out of the tub I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noticed that I had depleted body reserves enough to temporarily see the outline of my abs. "Look", I thought "my six-pack is back! And it has an easy carry handle on each side of it!!!"

Now you.

Replies

• policebaby
    policebaby Posts: 19
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class the other day and as I danced in front of the mirror (no rhythm is me mind you)...I noticed how I looked as if I was having convulsions! I tried picturing myself dressed nice and on a dance floor, which only made it worse! I had a really fun time though and did (and still am) laughing at myself and can not wait for the next class when I can have more convulsions!!! :smile:
  • electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    most of the treadmills at the gym i go to are set in km per hour so i got on the treadmill puched in 7.5 for speed and started. it felt a bit hard but i carried on until i was quite out of breath. it occured to me it was probabaly mph instead so i tried to work out the speed i wanted, i was so absorped in this i was about half an inch from falling backward off the treadmill :)