Discouraged and doing it alone :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories part way through and the scale went up a bit at first, but if you stick with it, in a few weeks it will start moving again in the right direction and you'll be happier eating more! I firmly believe there is no reason that someone who weighs over 200 pounds should only be eating 1200 calories. It burns a lot of calories to move a larger body around. There is no need to suffer unnecessarily. Good luck!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For many people, especially those of us who weigh more than 200lbs, the 1200 calories a day just isn't sufficient. If I do that, my body plateaus pretty quickly and won't budge after an initial weight loss. Have recently bought a body bugg, which is helping me immensely. Seeing what I actually burn in a day vs what I consume is a huge help. Have lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I'm sure that rate won't keep up, and that's ok. You might also want to visit a doctor and make sure that all your hormones and levels are in a good place...I started gaining again despite diet and exercise, and it turned out my thyroid was out of whack. Now that it's back in check I'm progressing quickly. In the first week lost all I had regained, and have lost 6 lbs in the successive 2 weeks.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories part way through and the scale went up a bit at first, but if you stick with it, in a few weeks it will start moving again in the right direction and you'll be happier eating more! I firmly believe there is no reason that someone who weighs over 200 pounds should only be eating 1200 calories. It burns a lot of calories to move a larger body around. There is no need to suffer unnecessarily. Good luck!

This. I hit a plateau and noticed eating more a slight jump in the scale but a loss in inches. Just takes a bit to bust through. Don't be discouraged. Keep moving forward.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Its just a plateau you will have a bunch of them before you reach your goal. The scale lies sometimes and you have to keep on fighting in spite of it. You are not alone. We have all been there. Keep your head up and have faith.
  • zatannagu
    zatannagu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well now is a good of a time as any to take the basic measurements. :) Just make sure that you note the date of them.