Blendtec vs. Vitamix?

Options
Hey there, I'm on a the cusp of purchasing a kickass blender and am leaning heavily toward Blendtec. However, since this is such an investment, I'd love to hear feedback from folks who have either a BlendTec or a Vitamix...

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i have the ninja and it's very handy. I have used it so much since I got it for christmas. it's a blender, food processor, juicer all together. I don't quite get it's juicing yet, but i think the secret is to strain it.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love love love my Vitamix!! It is so powerful, versatile, easy, and comes with such a good warranty (7 years!!). I have never heard of Blendtec, so I can't comment on it. That being said, they are very expensive, but I guess most often than not, you get what you pay for. I use mine atleast once a day, so to me it was worth every penny. Hope this helps you, good luck :)
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I went through this decision last spring. I settled with a Blendtec and haven't looked back. It's great. Ive heard vitamix handles frozen foods better, but I've never really had a problem. I believe Blendtec is a little sleeker looking and takes up less counter space. . Only complaint -- it is loud as heck. Good luck on your purchase I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Love my Vitamix! I've not heard of the Blendtec so no comment there. A couple my neighbors have the Vitamix also and are equally pleased. One of my friends makes soup and desserts in hers.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. And it has better warranty if i remember right
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the additional post- but check out amazon and reviews. They both have a large amount of reviews and that helped me make my decision easier since they both are expensive.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think either is a good choice. I love my Vitamix - nearly 10 years of daily use, usually multiple times a day, and it is still going strong. So totally worth it.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have the Vitamix and adore it. I know that between the two, there is no clear winner, but I'm very happy with my decision.
  • paintingirish
    Options
    My mom owns a vitamix, I own a blendtec. I wish I had the pump thing that comes with the vitamix as you DO need it sometimes. However, I think the blendtec has a better motor & look to it. the warranty was also 10 years vs 2, but that changes so you would want to check into that. Have fun! IT'S WORTH THE EXPENSE! Don't give in and buy a ninja bullet or similar machine, it DOES NOT blend to the quality of blendtec or vitamix
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Love my Vitamix...has 7 year warantee...have had 2 years with no problems. Blends the heck out of everything....even have used it as food processor to dice veggies to sautee for soups etc. Still need to make soup itself in it....rep at Costco did a chicken tortilla soup using blender alone....was delicious!!!
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    I had to make this decision this summer as I was getting a gift for a friend. We decided after asking lots of people to go with Vitamix. Not one complaint from anyone we knew that had one. One person bought a Vitamix, sold it to a friend to get a Blendtec because it was smaller and then wanted the Vitamix back. I also have a friend who has had one for 20 years it looks ancient but is still VERY powerful they have had no problems with it. I also talked to some who had in the past had to contact Vitamix customer service and they said the service was fantastic. I will eventually purchase one for myself so I will be interested to see what feedback you get on this.
  • raginalemon
    Options
    Get either at Costco, but I would highly recommend the Vitamix! We actually lost the warranty card, so COSTCO took the old one back and replaced it for me :) I just had to bring them all of the extra stuff like the cookbook and CD, etc. Vitamix has been a wonderful investment. Good luck!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Vitamix!! QVC gets some great deals... Had mine for years and it keeps going.. check out most coffee stands use Vitamix..at least here in the NW they do.
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix... I use it every single day!! Sometimes more than once!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love Vitamix. It is quieter than Blendtec.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I really think that you would be happy with either one. I have a Vtamix, but thought about buying a Blendtec. The reviews and warranties for both are great, but the Blendtec would have fit on the counter. In the end I just got a better deal on the Vitamix.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and I love it. I'm not in any way disappointed or wishing I had tried the Blendtec. When I first got it though I joined a yahoo group for smoothies and the guy who ran the forum had both. Because it was a question that came up often he did a side by side comparison of the two and they came out pretty equal. The Blendtec is a little shorter and can fit under your cabinets while the VM is tall unless you use the short jar. The Blendtec had a computerized speed thing whereas the VM didn't but I just saw one in Costco the other day and it seems they add those features to the new ones. I think if you can play with both of them, even if you're not actually blending, check them both out in person if you can and make your choice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

ETA: the customer service at VM is fantastic! My blender jar was bulging out at the bottom because I was forcing the frozen stuff into the blades instead of letting the blender do the work. They replaced it free of charge and threw in the wrench to the get blades off the bottom to transfer to the new jar. My friend absentmindedly left a metal spoon in hers and turned it on, shattering the jar! VM sent her a new one free of charge too.
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have had my Vitamix over 30 years. It is a workhorse!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and I love it. I'm not in any way disappointed or wishing I had tried the Blendtec. When I first got it though I joined a yahoo group for smoothies and the guy who ran the forum had both. Because it was a question that came up often he did a side by side comparison of the two and they came out pretty equal. The Blendtec is a little shorter and can fit under your cabinets while the VM is tall unless you use the short jar. The Blendtec had a computerized speed thing whereas the VM didn't but I just saw one in Costco the other day and it seems they add those features to the new ones. I think if you can play with both of them, even if you're not actually blending, check them both out in person if you can and make your choice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

ETA: the customer service at VM is fantastic! My blender jar was bulging out at the bottom because I was forcing the frozen stuff into the blades instead of letting the blender do the work. They replaced it free of charge and threw in the wrench to the get blades off the bottom to transfer to the new jar. My friend absentmindedly left a metal spoon in hers and turned it on, shattering the jar! VM sent her a new one free of charge too.

Hmm..gonna have to call vitamix.. seems nail got into mine years ago so my blades are dented.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i dont have a vitamix, my fiance and i decided on a blendtec after endless amounts of research hahaha.

they seem very similar, i cant speak for the vitamix but i LOVE our blendtec. its so amazing.

one thing though. it's loud as F***

you'd think for $500 they could put some money into making it a bit quieter haha