Heres to the start of the rest of my Life

Options
Hi Guys n Gals

I was shown this site today by a friend of mine (forgot to get her username to add her as a friend lol )
I have been going to the gym for just over a month so started my tracking from back when i started.
I refuse to pay those corporate companies who take advantage of the people who want or need to lose weight so this site is perfect.

I have always had to watch my weight ever since i was little.
In school i was 10st and a size 12/14 which was fat then but when i look back i realise it was the norm.
I have had 4 lovely boys from a previous marriage and have gained weight with each one. I did lose a lot of weight after my 3rd son was born when my ex husband cheated on me and left me for another woman. I ended up losing 5 stone in less than a year. He came back and we had 1 more son but since then, i got comfortable with my life again and the weight crept back on. I stayed around 13st and a size 16/18 which was big for me but comfortable. Then 2 years ago, i was planning my wedding to my new wonderful supportive hubby and we decided to quit smoking to help save money. Well, that was it, I have put on over 2 stone in 2 yrs and had to go through 3 wedding dresses in preparation for my big day.
I was just so upset that my dream dress was quickly getting smaller and smaller until there was just no way i could squeeze into it anymore. With just 2 weeks to go and not enough time to have my second choice dress altered, i ran into an evening dress shop and bought the only dress they had in my size and cried all the way home. I have now been married for almost 2 years and have decided when we reach our 10th anniversary, we will renew our vows. I want my princess perfect dress back and to be the size 16 or less that i was.

I started out at around 10st at the age of 17 and worked my way up to my heaviest point of 16.7st this year at the age of 37.
I have joined a Gym lately so hopefully things will start shifting in the right directions.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I want to get in shape so i can be the woman my husband met 3 and a half years ago. That would take me down to 13st but i would love to get back down to around 10 or 11st again.
I want to be able to shop in normal stores and find more options in my size which is currently a size 20. I would love to get back down to a 14/16 if possible.

I look forward to this journey with everyone here and would welcome friends to help and chat to along the way

Replies

• andygirl
    andygirl Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: This a great site and you will find lots of support! A friend request is on it's way... :happy:
  • skyking5280
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome to what seems like a very fun place. I have been on my weight control venture for about 2 weeks and having fun so far. I would like to add you as a friend, so that we can mutually motivate eachother. Take care, hope to hear from you here in SOCAL. :glasses:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I totally understand where you are at in your life, I'm there too! I just began (again) today and I'm encouraged by your story. Throughout the years, I too became comfy with my life and forgot to take care of myself. Now my goal is to start putting myself first so I can continue taking care of my family.

Good luck to you!
  • SherryJ
    SherryJ Posts: 10
    Options
    You can do it! We are both the same size at this point. I want to get down to 12 or 14 so I can shop in normal stores too. I was those sizes in college and felt healthy and sexy. I've had 1 son and my pregancy was high risk because of gestational diabetes. I want to have another baby, but I need to get this weight off and get healhier so I can reduce the risk of gestational diabetes with the next pregnancy. I'm enjoying the site so far. It's really helping me track what I eat how it affects my goals. I know you will enjoy it too. Let's be friends and motivate one another. I will send you a request. Take care!
  • Jane1972
    Jane1972 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a lot of looking around and getting used to the site.
    But thanks for all the encouragement so far, i look forward to "seeing less" of everyone here :)
  • smtirado
    smtirado Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    we are here for you, because we are in the same place. We need the support to lose weight and yes I agree not give our money to company who promises that you can lose weight. Welcome again. Keep in touch