53 lbs down today! 30DS & Zumba!

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
Once upon a time, there was a mother of 4 who didn't realize how badly she let things get :( It wasn't until March 2011 that she was photographed at a Realtor function that she discovered how bad things had become...

heavy_zps11d1673b.jpg

She quickly got out of the haze she was in and joined a gym.

ff02d13f-1.jpg

She did really good and dropped 45 lbs from the end of April until the middle of October, and then this happened :blushing:

588A0C4F-0D2A-43A4-AE0E-2D8E9E36A9B0_zpsf0c85a58.jpg

The caboose (Baby #5) was born May 25, 2012. From May 25th until August 26th, I lost 54 lbs. :) From August 27th until January 1st, I gained 7 lbs back :(

January 2nd, I started the second round of 30 day shred. In 21 days, this is what I've accomplished (and it pains me to show my belly...) BUT from one fat girl to the world, I need to see shape changing and I'm hoping that this motivates others to succeed! By the way, I had all 5 of my kiddos via c-section; so I'm not too excited about what my skin is going to look like when I'm at my goal...

21daysideshot_smaller_zps89642424.jpg

As of today, I have lost 53 lbs. I am 2 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight :noway:

I want to drop another 30-40 lbs before I hit the big 4-0 in 2014.

How did I do this? Well, birthing a baby helped (I dropped 20 lbs of water weight during the first week post delivery). I watched what I ate, counting calories only. I still have adult beverages and I've still lost weight. It's all about tracking. I started doing Zumba on the Wii when I was given the A-Okay at my 6 week post op appointment. I did one round of 30 day shred back in July/August and just started the second round this month. I exercise every single day. I do anywhere from 45-60 minutes of Zumba and then 20 minutes of 30 day shred or use my 5 lb hand weights.

This Friday, I am going for my Zumba certification :smile: and I am stoked!

Replies

• femmefatale22
    femmefatale22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: amazing, keep up the good work and good luck on your zumba
  • sopheeclare
    sopheeclare Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great! And congratulations on your new baby. You are one hot momma now! x
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    You look great! Zumba is my main exercise too. love it!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look truly amazing. Congrats on the new baby! :-)
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good! Way to go!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success and motivating others (me!) along the way. Congrats too on the Zumba certification :-)
  • cindylaesp
    Options
    You look great!! What is the 30 day shred?
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's a great stepping stone for bigger and better exercises.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well done, looking good! :)
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job - keep it up
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What an inspiration you are!!! CONGRATS!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    Congrats! I want to start Jillian 30 DS.
  • cartershealyn
    Options
    Good job
  • agreer2
    agreer2 Posts: 18
    Options
    You look great. I love the honesty of this post. Great post and beautiful picture:)
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :smile: You look fab. I love doing Zumba so much fun, I tend to get lost in it and can't stop myself! :blushing:
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl! You look fabulous! I can certainly relate to your story. I am starting RI30 on Monday. I am so encouraged and excited to begin after reading you story and seeing your results!
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    amazing xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!