Help WAY under my calorie goals.

Options
I am having a huge trouble managing eating healthier and staying withing calorie intake. I do about 30 to and hour of work outs a day depending on how much I worked out the week before. BUT! I am having trouble on what I eat, I try to eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks in between but I am still way under my calories. I know my body will soon go into starvation point and I am not sure how to stop that. The thing is I been eating this way for a little under 2 weeks and I am no longer hungry I am not sure what else I can eat to increase my calorie intake while staying in a healthy diet.

Replies

• Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add yogurt, nuts, and other higher calorie healthy foods. If your consistently under your goal try cutting back on the special low calorie prepared foods.
  • jessica_2990
    jessica_2990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem so I'd love to know everyone's thoughts :smile:

So far I've tried adding protein powder to my breakfast and making protein muffins or pancakes for snacks
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dittio! ^^^^^
    Peanut butter, a piece of whole wheat bread. You need some more carbs.
  • round_and_brown
    Options
    I'm not sure what exactly your regular diet looks like, so these are only suggestions. I would recommend calorie-dense foods like nuts, nut butters, avocados, olive oil, etc - foods high in healthy fats. Chia seeds are great - add a tbsp to a smoothie or your cereal and you have a good dose of omega-3's and an extra 60 calories. Avocados and nut butters are also more versatile than you might think. 1/4 of an avocado in a smoothie or on your sandwich is creamy and delicious. (I think the deliciousness of nut butter speaks for itself.)

Whatever you do, don't turn to high-sugar processed foods!
  • thebrattyb
    thebrattyb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley has some really good trail mix snack bars with about 140 calories. They're full of fruits, nuts, and grains. And they taste great!
  • JennNewStart
    Options
    Thanks guys I am definitely going to try and add nuts to my diet since I honestly am not hungry to eat anything more but I want to do this the right way and get enough calories. I added chopped almonds to my yogurt just now and natural maple syrup since is the plain chobani Greek yogurt it taste nasty by itself. And thank you for mentioning chia seeds they are usually used for weight loss and are high in fiber and amino acids is always good to know what foods are right for you. Thanks.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Since I try to workout in the morning, I try to have a huge breakfast then my meals get smaller with dinner being the smallest, usually...but I also have a snack right before bed, lol
    I have to force myself to eat at times to reach 1300-1400....but i know if i eat a big breakfast, its easier...even like a bowl of cereal, protein shake, piece of fruit, that 500+ right there...
    Good luck!!