Fancy Greek Yogurt?

Options
AmandaMaitland
AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
I'm looking for some yummy things to add to it. I do the basic fruit and granola, but I'm looking for something new! :) What do you do?

Replies

• 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love LOVE honey and pistachios. YUM :) I also add cool whip and dried pudding powder (like cheesecake flavor) or jello powder (like cherry). Sounds weird but it's a cold, awesome, filling, amazing dessert. You might need stevia to make it even sweeter!
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm looking for some yummy things to add to it. I do the basic fruit and granola, but I'm looking for something new! :) What do you do?

I add a packet of hidden valley ranch mix to it and eat it with veggies! not bad on a salad either lol
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    you can add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 or 2 packets of stevia eat like that or freeze...chocolate froyo..yum!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use either the sugar free fat free pudding mix or the frosting creations flavor packets + sweetener.
    The frosting creations are awesome! about 1/2 packet for 6-8 oz. of greek yogurt.
    I love the cinnamon roll to dip apple slices in or the strawberry shortcake *yum*
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump. I love Greek Yogurt and would love to have some idea's!
  • pepprmntkel
    Options
    I made applesauce with lots of cinnamon and add that. Also, just a little bit of lemon curd goes a long way! Plus I add trader joe's honey roasted sliced almonds.... so good!
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I add sugar free jam and sometimes add walnuts as well. My favorite is orange marmalade
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This week I just started adding a tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Yum.

I also make my own granola although Im starting to get bored with that recipe and might need to revise it soon.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    a few nuts - toasted is even better. low fat whipped cream. a teaspoon of sugar free jam. layered with whipped fat free cream cheese
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I add honey and flaxseed or honey and strawberry. However, I am loving these ideas as well ;)
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Make a truly indulgent looking (and tasting) dessert.

Take a classic martini glass. Frost the rim by rubbing with lemon then dipping in caster sugar (it's decoration you don't have to chip it off and eat it!)

Put a teaspoon of lemon curd in the bottom and smooth out

Mix Greek yoghurt (i use Fage 0%fat) , the grated zest of lemon,
    a drizzle of honey and mix gently.

Spoon yoghurt over the lemon curd.

For lowest cals top with a few strands of lemon peel/zest

For indulgence sprinkle with 25 grams of maple and pecan crunch breakfast cereal (i use Tesco's own)

See my diary for Sunday 6th January for measures, calories etc comes in about 200 cals for a WOW factor dessert that is suitable for dinner guests. The fact it is healthy is our little secret.

(with grateful thanks to my pudding chef - Php01 - for making delightful puddings that support our targets)
  • garasue
    garasue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had ever thought to add pudding powder to Greek Yogurt. Just the regular Jello kind?
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    All of these sound delicious!! I'll have to try each one! I try to mess around with it and figure some of my own ideas out, but I like to try new things! :) Thanks!!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had ever thought to add pudding powder to Greek Yogurt. Just the regular Jello kind?

Yes. The mix that you would usually mix with milk to make pudding.
    It makes the yogurt a little thicker. I like it best if I prep it ahead and it can set a bit before eating.
  • motherof2wins
    motherof2wins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I add peanut or almond butter!! Yummmmy
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I put all natural peanut butter in mine! 1 or 2 tablespoons. I love it, and it makes it like 25 grams of protein, which is awesome! Sometimes I will add some stevia for sweetness and maybe a little pumpkin pie spice!
  • motherof2wins
    motherof2wins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. cheesecake flav pudding powder!!!??? Sound great. What are the ratios. I look forward to trying it.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love honey and sliced almonds mixed with vanilla greek yogurt.