May Challenge, can we lose 6lbs by 14th May?

Options
patelt
patelt Posts: 23 Member
Hello everyone

I am setting myself a challenge to lose 6lbs by my birthday on the 14th. Is anyone with me? I am going to have 1000 cals a day and I am determined to burn off 500 cals minimum a day by exercising, I will not be eating those cals. Come on guys, need some advice, support and encouragement.

cheers all :wink:

Replies

• Cornflakegirl70
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable and attainable goal. I'm in!
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    =( that's reallly not healthy...you will only gain it back when you eat regularly again or consume your normal caloric intake/day.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm in. I just re-started MFP so this is the type of motivation I need!
  • pspence
    pspence Posts: 3
    Options
    I will try with you.
  • WrittenInRed
    WrittenInRed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Although, I think that if you stick to the calories MFP allots your per day, including the calories you earn from exercising< you will still be able to lose weight. It sounds like you only want to net 500 calories per day which will only hurt your body in the long run. :frown:
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That's three pounds a week! When I stay at 1200 calories a day and bust my butt with exercise- ( and don't add extra food) I'm happy if I lose 1-2 lbs in a week.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I am in. I will try to keep to my 1200 cals though and just work out more and drink more water
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable and attainable goal. I'm in!

Sorry, definately not a reasonable goal. 500 net calories per day is NOT healthy. You may lose the 6 lbs by the 14th, but then 1 of 2 things will happen. You will either gain it all back just as quick or you will stop losing all together. You need to fuel your body properly! Do this the right way and the weight will come off and stay off!
  • psaini
    psaini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I can try it too. Good Luck Everyone.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm sticking w/my 1200 cals. too, and I'll boost up my workouts.

Good luck to all!!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will join the challenge! I will also stick to my plan but I will walk more! Good luck everyone!
  • MzMolly
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a good day, I was able to stay under my calories and my carbs! I did not get a walk in but I worked in the garden and house. Today I am going to work hard at keeping my carbs down along with my calories and I am going to get a walk in!! I am going to aim for 3 to 4 miles. I am hopeful when I get on the scale tomorrow I will have lost at least a pound. Hang in there everyone we can do this.
    Have a wonderful day all!
  • meconrad85
    meconrad85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Good luck everyone! I don't know if anyone has tried it, but the biggest loser last chance workout is great!!
  • patelt
    patelt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hello everyone, Day 1 of my challenge update...............

high impact aerobics for 45mins burned 400 cals, also did a fast run for 10mins burned 125 cals and 10mins rowing burned 100 cals, total 625 cals, feel great today. I will ensure i eat 1200 cals today but this will include a couple of G&slimline tonic as we are out tonight.

Hope you are all motivated and have managed to do some exercise today.

keep it up, Tibha
  • cherke
    cherke Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: I'm in and good luck to all!!!!
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'll take the May 14th challenge! We'll see :wink: Good Luck Everybody!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am at a plateau.. I will join you but also sticking to my 1200cals per day and just exercise some more. Good luck to us all!! :smile:
  • MzMolly
    Options
    OMG!!!! I LOST 6 POUNDS OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!!! I AM SO EXCITED. I have not reached my first big goal of 50 pounds (passed it by 2 actually). I hope all of you had a good day and are doing well!!
  • marieski
    marieski Posts: 1
    Options
    okay i'll try also that sounds like a perfect little goal. This is my first time on.and this is the kinda thing I needed to see on here. GOOD LUCK!!
  • MzMolly
    Options
    Correction! I lost 4 pounds over the weekend not 6. Unfortunatly.