• artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    yep...that's pretty much how it goes!

Great post!!
  • Dianak005
    Dianak005 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I dont no how I did it the first time when I lost 100lbs in 10 months but I just stayed motivated and pushed really hard. For the last few years I have been the one who has stopped everytime I mess up. Well not this time. I have my right mindset back again. This site has been a real motivator! You really inspire me! Thanks for the post!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like your post but I'm curious. I started sometime in October by halloween. Not sure exactly when. Only cut out fast food soda and in between meal snacks. Gave up fries and chips before that. Got sick in Nov. Went to doctor and he asked me to try walking 10 min a day and quit fast food. I lost 5 lbs. Didn't know if id lose any more. Went to dietician and she said I should only eat 45 grams of Caribs per meal and 30 grams for snack. I lost 2 lbs on this visit. Went back about a month later and I had lost 12 lbs. My goal weightiest is 230 for my Jan 28 app. I know weigh 25 give or take a few lbs because my scale Sucks. I got sick again but I still tried to work out. I believe I was probably at 268 or so. Didn't really keep track off my weight so well. I am now a size 16 reg and wear Xl in shirts. I wore a Xl and 20-24 pant. I was really big. Lots of people tell me ive lost really fast. I eat a lot and try to exercise daily. I don't feel its too fast what do you think. First time I ever lost or tried too thanks

If your doctor says it's too fast, then you should be concerned. Otherwise, just call yourself Speedy and keep on keeping on. You are doing great!
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - I copied it so I can give myself reality checks with it.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Starting the process, wanted to lose 60lbs, so far have lost only 5lbs. It’s hard with all the temptations, but i am being pretty good. Is hard to find time to exercise, I work very long hours, but am walking to every place I am able to, and all kinds of crazy movements to stay as active as I can. I work all day sitting, lots of stress and that does not help.

Confident I will make it to the goal even if is little by little.

Just remember that 90% of weight loss is what and how much you eat. So try to get 30 minutes of some sort of exercise three times a week, but focus primarily on your nutrition for now. The first six months, I didn't work out regularly. I just focused on counting calories and I lost 30 pounds. Gradually as you get used to managing your nutrition, you'll find ways to add in more exercise.
  • MissingLinke
    Options
    Thank you for this. I've gone through it so many times when I had 10 to lose, then 20, then 40, the 80 and now 110, I almost always gave up at that stupid 2 month plateau. It's encouraging to know if I stick with it, it will (eventually) start dropping again. I'll be bookmarking this post and coming back to it any time I feel discouraged.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Too funny and way too familiar sounding! Great post :heart:
  • sew2much
    sew2much Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Congratulations! I have another 100 lbs to go. I plan to go all the way this time. This would take me below my high school days. Wish me Godspeed!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    b
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    This is awesome! I need to read this over and over again!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Aaagghhahahaaaaaa. So funny and yet so true. How did you know that is just what it is like for me?!?!?!?!??!?!

I love that you are at a point that you can see it. I would not have been able to voice it but can read it and love it cause it is is true. Thanks for a very big laugh. I think this should be compuslory reading for everyone who starts on MFP.

Well done :laugh:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    While each journey is different, I will say at one point or another most of us hit these thoughts at one point or another. In my case, I have lost some each month... At first, I actuallylost a bit more than 2 pounds per week (I was morbidly obese at the time)... As I got closer to goal, it got frustrating because it got harder. However, it did continue to come off and now I am within .4 lbs of meeting my initial goal. There will be other goals as I fine tune my body fat percentage but the key is to keep going without regard to setbacks and plateaus.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks! I can relate to many of your observations. Just starting month 9 now, and losing at a similar pace as yours. :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This is great. I'll be hitting the 1 month mark in 3 days. I'll have to refer back to this when I get frustrated. I didn't lose anything this past week, but my friends pointed out that even though the scale didn't move, the half inch on my waist and the inch on my hips that I lost still counts as a win. :smile:
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    BMR and TDEE ???????? Yep, I'm a newbie and trying to get schooled on all the acronyms - - translation please? I really loved this post, it keeps it real but shows that patience and focus WILL prevail. I started 23 days ago and have lost six pounds, didn't start with my measurements taken but will take them in the a.m. (when I find my darn measuring tape!). Thanks again. :happy:
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LOL! Wow you just summed up my life. I hope to take a change in directions becaus I am at the ...crap I need a trainer because I must not know what i am doing anymore. Thank you for sharing this is awesome!
  • Inkchick
    Options
    this is a great post!! thanks for the reminders ;)
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My goal in 20 lbs and this post definitely helped me....
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Great post, you look amazing way to go.