Vitamins after Gastric Bypass

Options
jesielin23
jesielin23 Posts: 22 Member
Hello all :)
I was just wondering what kind of vitamins everyone who has had Gastric Bypass takes...brands and amounts. I take a B12 sublingual tab, 1000mcg and 2 multi vitamins each day...I know that probably isn't sufficient. Just curious what everyone else has luck with.
Thanks, Jess

Replies

• vfrasier
    vfrasier Posts: 3
    Options
    I take: morning - 1 multi-vitamin, 1 b-12, 1 iron (ferous glucomate); 1 d-3, 1 zinc, 1 vitamin c, 1 magnesium
    lunch - 1 iron
    dinner - 1 iron, 1-d3, 1 vitamin c, 1 magnesium
    bedtme - 2 calcium

I use "all natural" vitamins as they do not promote the growth of yeast (most grocery stores and pharmacies have their own brands)
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I take flinstones (when I remember), iron, and calcium. I was taking b12 but I was checked recently and my lvl was dangerously high so no more of that.
  • jesielin23
    Options
    what brand./kind of calcium do you guys use? I think I am doing alright with my multi vitamin and my B12...but I don't take any calcium and know that isn't a good idea...
  • jesielin23
    Options
    I take: morning - 1 multi-vitamin, 1 b-12, 1 iron (ferous glucomate); 1 d-3, 1 zinc, 1 vitamin c, 1 magnesium
    lunch - 1 iron
    dinner - 1 iron, 1-d3, 1 vitamin c, 1 magnesium
    bedtme - 2 calcium

I use "all natural" vitamins as they do not promote the growth of yeast (most grocery stores and pharmacies have their own brands)

Good for you :) I am doing well if I remember just my multi and my B12...Definitely need to improve!
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    Go to bariatricfushion.com, it's a really good bariatric vitamin the only other vitamin you need is B1, it has everything else. I've been taking this vitamin since my surgery in March and I've done really well, no hair loss or anything. The dietician and my surgeon reccomended this to me.
  • hrhneenerita
    Options
    did lots of googling before my surgery found that you have to have 2 times the reomended vit intake and i found that the Celebrate vitamins you only have to take 2 times a day not 3 and they had every thing but the calcium which they have also but it seems to me that all my vits fill my new pouch and so i have started chewing the Viactiv doesn't have the coper and zinc that the Celebrate calcium has but they taste better Celebrate has a capsule vit also that i will go to just as soon as i can start taking pills